Good price for Pennzoil Ultra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen online that one of my Walmarts has PU for sale at $4/qt, is this a good price? Compared to M1 it seems to be. I'm thinking maybe I should just go and buy as much as I can if $4/qt is a great bargain.

Good price if you need it. But don't buy it just because it's on sale if you don't need it.
smile.gif

If you can find one of coupons for another $6 off 5qt on one of the pennzoil platinum or ultra jugs and use it on the ultra it would be a steal.

The last of the Ultra stock around here was selling for $5 per quart container recently. The last of the 5 quart jugs were priced at $18 each. All gone now.

That's a good price for Ultra, but as Quattro Pete wrote, only if you need it and can use the grade(s) available.
For some Ultra fanatics, this would be a price that would drive them to buy every quart on the shelf.
You read a lot here about folks obsessed with finding Ultra as Walmart draws down availability in some stores.
Too bad that they weren't as interested when the oil was readily available in every Walmart.
At the Walmarts around here, Ulta is readily available, with not a single quart or jug on clearance.
Maybe some stores in some areas just couldn't attract enough buyers for this premium priced oil.

Originally Posted By: wkcars
If you can find one of coupons for another $6 off 5qt on one of the pennzoil platinum or ultra jugs and use it on the ultra it would be a steal.

+1. Off topic... Does that juke take 5w-30 or 0w-20? Ultra would be good for that small turbo.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: vq35de_touring
Originally Posted By: wkcars

+1. Off topic... Does that juke take 5w-30 or 0w-20? Ultra would be good for that small turbo.

5w-30

Buy all you can.Its getting hard to find,and with petroleum on the rise,it'll be a hedge against inflation.

Originally Posted By: skip029
Seen online that one of my Walmarts has PU for sale at $4/qt, is this a good price? Compared to M1 it seems to be. I'm thinking maybe I should just go and buy as much as I can if $4/qt is a great bargain.

Go to the store that has PU at $4/qt to offer them $2.0-2.50/qt and $7-8/jug and take all they have.

If they still have PU at $4/qt that means they could not get rid of it at $5/qt, the manager will probably accept any offer to rid of it in their book.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: skip029

Go to the store that has PU at $4/qt to offer them $2.0-2.50/qt and $7-8/jug and take all they have.

If they still have PU at $4/qt that means they could not get rid of it at $5/qt, the manager will probably accept any offer to rid of it in their book.

this is walmart... its not easy to haggle at most walmarts

Originally Posted By: AmishFury
this is walmart... its not easy to haggle at most walmarts

"So I was on a business trip about 2 hours from home today... stopped by local WM and found a stash of Ultra 5w-30! All were SN with dates from 10-12 to 2-13. Funny thing is, they were on the clearance rack but had no price on them. I inquired with a worker... he couldn't help... got manager... manager didn't seem to care. Asked how 99 cents for the quarts and 3.99 for the jugs sounded. He said they were not stocking Ultra anymore and he was sick of seeing them... had a really apathetic attitude."

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2998576#Post2998576

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back