Good idea to change oil filter every 5000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: FZ1
Originally Posted By: SilverSnake
I change the filter AND oil every 5,000 miles or six months.
This^^^^^^

Yes that's the plan here. Sept/Oct and April/May will keep you out of the rain and the heat. Oil and filters on sale and with rebates make them two of the cheapest things you can do to insure the long life of your vehicle.

- how does changing oil/filter frequently (versus longer OFCI) "insure" the long life of the vehicle?
- how does changing oil/filter frequently (versus longer OFCI "insure" it's the cheaper than not spending money?

Given that longer OFCIs have proven to exhibit LOWER wear rates, and it costs less money to NOT change oil/filter, just what is the basis of your comment, other than a significant observance to decades old mythology and rhetoric?

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
This^^^^^^

Yes that's the plan here. Sept/Oct and April/May will keep you out of the rain and the heat. Oil and filters on sale and with rebates make them two of the cheapest things you can do to insure the long life of your vehicle.

- how does changing oil/filter frequently (versus longer OFCI) "insure" the long life of the vehicle?
- how does changing oil/filter frequently (versus longer OFCI "insure" it's the cheaper than not spending money?

Given that longer OFCIs have proven to exhibit LOWER wear rates, and it costs less money to NOT change oil/filter, just what is the basis of your comment, other than a significant observance to decades old mythology and rhetoric?

LOL

I want to know how much delta P across the element changes efficiency.
It *has* to.....

The whole concept of delta P "pushing particles through that were PREVIOUSLY trapped" warrants all of our obsessions about wanting to run FL-1A/PH8A sized filters (or duals!) on everything.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
This^^^^^^

My logic behind changing the oil filter EVERY OCI is, it makes me sleep better at night.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
My logic behind changing the oil filter EVERY OCI is, it makes me sleep better at night.
crackmeup2.gif

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Acknowledging WHY you do something as a choice is perfectly acceptable.
I OFCI based on data. Others do it based on emotion. Neither is "wrong".
It is "right" to admit WHY it is done, for each person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back