GMC Sierra Denali

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 6.0 liter engine is a gas hog,it gets far worse mileage than it should considering its size. When I bought my 2500HD I went with the 8.1 (a real gas hog). I read too many reports of lousy mileage on the 6.0. I figured if I was gonna get 12-13 MPG I might as well get way more power as well.

The Durumax with 360hp (+tons of trq)is more powerful than the 8.1 and returns better mileage - best choice for the 2500HD. The 6.0 in the Denali is 345hp vs 300 in the regular trucks. But, I am not a big diesel person so I'd get the 8.1 also based on your logic had I gotten the 2500.

Originally posted by GMBoy:
[QB] Again - I also say the milage is off. I ran out and checked my DIC and it is saying 12.8. I went and got gas and did the math and yeah, 12.8. A month ago, I towed my travel trailor and was getting 8.2mpg. This is a 28 footer and around 7000 lbs. The tow rating on the Denali is 8100lbs which is only due to the transfer case being the weakest link. The engine, truck, and 4.10 axles can do soooo much more, but the transfer case limits the overall rating. The truck moves like there's maybe a 3000 lb trailer on it - really tows well. My only complaint, and this even coming from a GM employee, is that GM did one of its usual "cheapening out" of the model. If anyone remembers the original Denali's they were extended cabs, but had marker lights all around and quadrasteer. I miss quadrasteer! I still love my 06, don't get me wrong - but quadrasteer would really back of the "professional grade" slogan a little better.

Anyhow - you're lucky to get even 15 on the highway unless you drive 55 maybe.

Now that we have 1500 miles on the truck we have filled it a few times. We keep track of what the truck computer says it is doing and also on paper and so far we have been doing (first number is truck computer and second is on paper)

17.3/17.8
15.8/16.2
15.6/16.3
17.8/17.4
15.2/16.4
15.4/16.7
17.0/17.6

We have very little city driving. We have not driven over 65 mph except to pass. The only thing we have done to this truck is to install Michelin LTX M/S tires and use Valvoline SynPower oil. I can say that this is honestly what this truck has been doing so far.

Based on those facts, I believe you. I have a lot of stops in my mix. I also have the factory 20" chrome rims that may effect milage. Great truck and enjoy it. What color is yours? Mine is black. Shame only 3 colors are offered!

quote:

The Durumax with 360hp (+tons of trq)is more powerful than the 8.1 and returns better mileage - best choice for the 2500HD. The 6.0 in the Denali is 345hp vs 300 in the regular trucks. But, I am not a big diesel person so I'd get the 8.1 also based on your logic had I gotten the 2500.

I don't really care for diesels either. I don't like the smell and definately hate the noise.

My truck sits all week and gets used basically to tow our boat and travel trailer.

[QB] Based on those facts, I believe you. I have a lot of stops in my mix. I also have the factory 20" chrome rims that may effect milage. Great truck and enjoy it. What color is yours? Mine is black. Shame only 3 colors are offered!

My truck is white with sandstone interior, it is kind of plain looking compared to our old white and pewter Silverado.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back