2015 Sierra Scrunching Noise Over Dips

My GMC Sierra makes this noise only over dips. It is a 4x4 but not lifted and does not have any off road package. Any ideas what could be causing this? My long time Indy mechanic closed his shop recently and I haven’t had time to find a new one. The truck has seen a lot of trailer towing (32’) and rough roads but has only 30k miles. It has standard shocks not the magnetic ones on the Denali.

HD or 1500? Could be the leaf springs. Try spraying them with WD40. I oiled mine.
It could be the rubber bushings in the front suspension.

HD or 1500? Could be the leaf springs. Try spraying them with WD40. I oiled mine.
It could be the rubber bushings in the front suspension.
It’s a 1500. I think the noise is coming from the front. I’ll try the WD40 though. Would WD40 help with front bushings?

It’s a 1500. I think the noise is coming from the front. I’ll try the WD40 though. Would WD40 help with front bushings?
Yeah, those bushings get siezed and twist instead of going with the flow.
The reason I asked, is because the HDs have a torsion bar instead of coil springs up front that sometimes squeek.
Hit the undercarriage, springs and suspension at the coin operated wand car wash.
On 1500s there's only one or two grease nipples on each side.
IMO, the max towing package is the way to go with the 1500s. Stiffer springs, lower gearing, big mirrors and "enhanced" cooling.

Yeah, those bushings get siezed and twist instead of going with the flow.
The reason I asked, is because the HDs have a torsion bar instead of coil springs up front that sometimes squeek.
Hit the undercarriage, springs and suspension at the coin operated wand car wash.
On 1500s there's only one or two grease nipples on each side.
IMO, the max towing package is the way to go with the 1500s. Stiffer springs, lower gearing, big mirrors and "enhanced" cooling.
I thought there was no grease fittings on this truck. Maybe the dealer told me this once, I dunno. The dealer has been doing my oil changes since new, except for one. So I got to thinking, maybe they have not been lubing them? I took a look and the fittings look undisturbed, so I lubed them. This seems to have improved the noise over dips! I hate to think the tie rod ends were dry to the point of causing noise, but apparently they were. From now on, I will be doing my own O&F changes, and lubes, or paying closer attention if someone else does it. I remember many years ago the quick change place was doing my oil changes on my GMC Safari van. I asked them how were they lubing the upper ball joints from the pit? Turns out they weren’t.

I thought there was no grease fittings on this truck. Maybe the dealer told me this once, I dunno. The dealer has been doing my oil changes since new, except for one. So I got to thinking, maybe they have not been lubing them? I took a look and the fittings look undisturbed, so I lubed them. This seems to have improved the noise over dips! I hate to think the tie rod ends were dry to the point of causing noise, but apparently they were. From now on, I will be doing my own O&F changes, and lubes, or paying closer attention if someone else does it. I remember many years ago the quick change place was doing my oil changes on my GMC Safari van. I asked them how were they lubing the upper ball joints from the pit? Turns out they weren’t.
The upper ball joints should have grease fittings, it does on my son's 2013 1500. The HDs have about 12 in total with the skid plates off.
For an extra $10,000, I'd rather have a Plain Jane 3500 than a loaded 1500. I shake my head when guys lift 1500s and put on bigger tires.
I ask them; Why didn't you get an HD in the first place if that is what you wanted?

The upper ball joints should have grease fittings, it does on my son's 2013 1500. The HDs have about 12 in total with the skid plates off.
For an extra $10,000, I'd rather have a Plain Jane 3500 than a loaded 1500. I shake my head when guys lift 1500s and put on bigger tires.
I ask them; Why didn't you get an HD in the first place if that is what you wanted?
Especially on a stock 5.3l and stock gearing. Vrooooooooom

Back