GM Spending Big Money on EV Production Plants

All that will happen with using electric power from the grid to operate cars and trucks is a huge increase of electric rates for everyone.
In the end charging that electric car will be costing 2 to 3 times what gas costs now. Just imagine the cost to cook your food and to run a few led lights in your house. Be careful what you wish for when it comes to the electric car crap, if they were designed the correct way it would be a good thing. But that isn't going to happen.
I think what we have been, and probably will continue to be, is prisoners. we are prisoner to the oil companies right now, and the electric companies. They both lie, although I will say, the oil companies aren’t even lying anymore - they actually tell you they are screwing you - now it’s the political parties lying to you, saying the reason the gas prices are so high is because of the other party. And it’s BS. I’ve had people tell me it’s because of the Keystone pipeline!! Haha. There are already three keystone pipelines pumping over a million barrels a day into this country, and it’s not even crude oil, it’s tar sand. And then I’ve had people tell me that we need to start buying our oil from Canada. We do?? Really? Wait a second...they don’t know that we already are? Because of the keystone thing, people think we don’t buy “oil” from Canada🤣🤣🤣 That’s when you know 10000000% that people turn on a news station and believe EVERYTHING. Canada is our number 1 supplier of import oil. There’s 30 pipelines already flowing millions of barrels a day into this country.

And we need to drill more? No one drills more than us...no one pumps more oil out of the ground than us - we invented hydro fracking - and on top of that, no one refines more oil than us. We import the most, we make the most. Because we use the most, and it’s not even close.

As consumers we need some darn options here because we have a serious demand problem. It’s not supply, it’s demand. We use too much oil, and the oil companies are lapping it all up. They have us over a barrel, they know it, they love it!! But for some reason a lot of people don’t realize that. I’m hoping electric cars will bring down demand, lower gas/oil prices. It won’t happen over night, Christ it may never happen. But I want options. Cable companies used to crunch me, then I had options. Now they are begging for me to come back. Hopefully electric cars will do the same (And when the electric companies begin to truly screw me??? I’ll go back to oil). I need options. I have ZERO right now, and they love that.

But the same people that tell me how bad electric everything is, are the same people that brag to me every single day how they installed reverse heat pump AC systems into their homes...received a government incentive rebate...and now pay almost nothing for a heating bill!!! Every...single....day...bragging to me about how much they are saving...how much the government gave them in rebate towards their new AC systems. How awesome it is!! How warm their home is in the winter!! How cold it is in the summer!! How easy it is! A touch of a button!! Heat! AC!! A rebate check!! So amazing! Yet they think an electric car is the devil. They let the mean technology into their homes because no one told then it was “bad”, but they won’t let it into their driveway because someone is telling them it is??

Last edited:
Problem with EV's is the only thing they care to use is a battery, and the science is not allowed to progress past that.
No one builds an efficient electric motor.
Plenty of time and effort goes into trying to make efficient internal combustion engines, but not electric motors.

Steel just started going up at GM Ultium Lansing, GM’s 3rd battery plant. 2,800,000 square feet and 50GWh annual capacity with battery proaduction starting in 2024.

Should supply cells to GM Lansing plant (which currently makes Traverse and Enclave - I’m guessing EV versions of those are coming soon) and Orion (Silverado EV, Sierra EV and Cruise Autonomous Vehicles)

0D8B1243-B43B-4DF4-B62F-C4AA96D29518.jpeg

Last edited:
Back