GM set to end Cruze production at Ohio plant Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
CUVs.

Every time I see of of those "CUV" contraptions,it reminds me of "the short bus" haha

What a stupid remark.

What an even more stupid remark.

Then I will assume you make remarks like that when visiting families with mentally disabled children. You might think it's funny but it is not and it shows your ignorance and selfish attitude.

36.gif

Every time I see of of those "CUV" contraptions,it reminds me of "the short bus" haha

What a stupid remark.

What an even more stupid remark.

Then I will assume you make remarks like that when visiting families with mentally disabled children. You might think it's funny but it is not and it shows your ignorance and selfish attitude.

Just a joke on the internet, no need to take it so hard.
smirk2.gif
21.gif

Last edited:
Some BITOG members might have disabled children....

I had the first Gen Cruze LTZ as a rental for a week (700 miles) and it was a very good car. I don't know about the long term reliability with turbo engine.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Some BITOG members might have disabled children....

I had the first Gen Cruze LTZ as a rental for a week (700 miles) and it was a very good car. I don't know about the long term reliability with turbo engine.

I have a disabled daughter.
Our 2013 Cruze has 112k … runs great … dealership N/C changed some of the plastic - PCV is part of a $100 composite valve cover … and related hard tubing … and the hot side coolant outlet (well known) …
They are tough on ATF but so, so easy to flip an $18 jug of Maxlife in …
Never left anyone stranded …
I rent them often but got a Malibu last week …

More and more buyers want an appliance type ride that is fashionable (SUV/CUV style). These rides are becoming more and more efficient in terms of MPG. CVT trannies are a part of that efficiency. You can have a slightly smaller and efficient ride with as much room inside in a CUV as a slightly larger sedan.

I don't think higher gas prices is going to have buyers start thinking that they want a sedan instead. Big truck buyers will want to switch to something more fuel efficient, but I doubt that sedans would be their first choice.

I felt GM was starting to get it right with the Cruze, it was leaps and bounds better than the Cavalier and Cobalt.

I have owned two Equinoxs (is that the plural?) they were good vehicles just not my thing or my wife's thing. We are not into CUV/SUVs. I am not really into trucks I have mine to move my trailer from drinking spot to drinking spot...
smile.gif
wink.gif

The few rental Cruzes I have had were decent little cars when compared to other rentals I have had. Our current Malibu is at 55,000 with no warranty work and one trip to shop for water in the gas...I am sure some you remember that.
It is however the 2.0 turbo so while it isn't what I consider fast, it moves along just fine.

Not sure what we will get when the time comes because I just don't want a CUV/SUV. Maybe that Buick wagon. I wish there were more Wagons. Sorry for the ramble.

Originally Posted by ls1mike
... I just don't want a CUV/SUV. Maybe that Buick wagon. I wish there were more Wagons. Sorry for the ramble.

Do tell more...
Me, since I already had a mini-minivan (Mazda5), I had to choose between a Prius V or a Golf SportWagen.
The Buick Wagon just started appearing on dealers lots at that time...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by pandus13
Originally Posted by ls1mike
... I just don't want a CUV/SUV. Maybe that Buick wagon. I wish there were more Wagons. Sorry for the ramble.

Do tell more...
Me, since I already had a mini-minivan (Mazda5), I had to choose between a Prius V or a Golf SportWagen.
The Buick Wagon just started appearing on dealers lots at that time...

There are 4 here on base, even my wife likes them. I plan on keep the Malibu awhile as it is paid for, but man I love a wagon the Buick is pretty.

I was really (pleasantly!) surprised when I noticed the Buick wagon ('shooting brake/estate'? LOL) in the final lineup in their TV ads.

Strange that they would offer that when GM is totally phasing out ALL cars altogether, domestically (let us HOPE NOT the Vette/Camaro).
21.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by dailydriver

Strange that they would offer that when GM is totally phasing out ALL cars altogether, domestically (let us HOPE NOT the Vette/Camaro).
21.gif
frown.gif

That's not true.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by madRiver
Surprised they did not raise the suspension on Cruze hatchback and add plastic cladding and call a cross over.
They did already, 2 years ago.
The "D2XX" platform underlies the current Equinox CUV (I lease an '18 Equinox now) and the Cruze, Volt.

Originally Posted by E365
Originally Posted by dailydriver

21.gif
frown.gif

That's not true.

I thought that I had heard they are following Ford's everything car based but the Mustang being gone soon corporate mindset, and ONLY trucks/SUVs/CUVs being left, no?
21.gif

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Originally Posted by madRiver
Surprised they did not raise the suspension on Cruze hatchback and add plastic cladding and call a cross over.
They did already, 2 years ago.
The "D2XX" platform underlies the current Equinox CUV (I lease an '18 Equinox now) and the Cruze, Volt.

Ford ended the Focus in the U.S., and is selling a new Focus Active Wagon overseas, essentially similar to what GM did by turning a Regal into the new Regal TourX "CUV" station wagon we do have in the states.
To be fair, your statement on raising the Cruze a bit and making a station wagon rear quarter of it is probably something GM considered.
GM's current Regal TourX is raised only about an inch over a Regal, and is certainly closer to a car than an SUV.
GM must have looked at the popularity of the current VW Golf Alltrack (like the TourX treatment), which is distinct from VW's Tiguan body shape.
Here is the Focus wagon that the U.S. won't get:

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back