GM set to end Cruze production at Ohio plant Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the poster "Cruze - It All Starts Here". How prophetic. It is now referring to the beginning of the end of cars in favor of CUVs.

Originally Posted by littlehulkster
I sure can't see this ever backfiring for GM and Ford once gas prices go back up, no sir, it'll work out just fine!

The Malibu Hybrid (which I don't think is being discontinued) gets MUCH better fuel economy than the Spark, Sonic, Cruze, Volt and Impala.

B0043F95-4978-40B6-9D73-6F8271E40A9C.jpeg

Last edited:
I had a Cruze as a rental a few times and thought it was a decent car for what it was.

I really wanted GM to make an SS version with the LNF motor and 6-speed manual trans.

I rented one in Florida and loved it. It was an automatic. Later test drove a manual (which was a requirement) but the turbo lag on the manual makes it kind of sucky to drive. It had lots of turbo lag and you felt it in every gear.

Originally Posted by khittner
When gas prices rise, they'll import their China-manufactured offerings.

Yes, this is what will happen regardless.

Originally Posted by philipp10
I rented one in Florida and loved it. It was an automatic. Later test drove a manual (which was a requirement) but the turbo lag on the manual makes it kind of sucky to drive. It had lots of turbo lag and you felt it in every gear.

I never drove a turbo. The Cruze was my favorite rental car though. Never a bad drive or experience,
Decent sound and comfort.

Would have considered a diesel if it was a little bigger.

It would be a real shame if they idled this plant and imported Chinese cars for similar money.

It's a real shame. I have 246k on my 2011 Cruze. Considering a new Cruze this year while they're still available.

Also sucks that the Malibu is getting a CVT. No thanks. Make mine a real transmission.

Originally Posted by khittner
When gas prices rise, they'll import their China-manufactured offerings.

+1

Originally Posted by oilpsi2high
I had a Cruze as a rental a few times and thought it was a decent car for what it was.

I really wanted GM to make an SS version with the LNF motor and 6-speed manual trans.

01.gif

It's as if they've never seen a Focus ST
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
CUVs.

Every time I see of of those "CUV" contraptions,it reminds me of "the short bus" haha

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
CUVs.

Every time I see of of those "CUV" contraptions,it reminds me of "the short bus" haha

What a stupid remark.

recently seen where the big expensive GM trucks use the LEAST us parts of any brand. generally more + more cheap globally AKA chinese parts are used in todays unreliable vehicles!

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
CUVs.

What a stupid remark.

What an even more stupid remark.

Originally Posted by littlehulkster
I sure can't see this ever backfiring for GM and Ford once gas prices go back up, no sir, it'll work out just fine!

GM is investing heavily into electric, my guess is they'll have some affordable electric cars ready to go before gas prices ever go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back