GM has ruined the looks of the new Corvette so bad I now like the Camaro better

It is the only Corvette I think did NOT scream old man besides the original. The balance all nearly looked the same slowly morphing over the years.

Love it. No gold chains required or leather coats.
Heh. The newest vette to me screams gold chains and leather coats, and a strong whiff of AXE. Can't fault GM for cashing in on the obnoxious crowd though.

C2 and C4 for me. All the others were tacky spinoffs to me.

There's quite a few around here and they all look ugly regardless of the increase in performance.

The wheel choices and wheel gap is just :barf:

I’m waiting til the Z06 or Grand Sport gets revealed. The wider body and wheels on those models look much better to me. I don’t love the rear of the C8 or the current wheel offerings but I can get over it in exchange for the performance-per-dollar factor and I bet the rear grows on me. For the people complaining the C8 is trying too hard to look like something else, there’s only so much you can do with the engine in back and keeping it aerodynamic so the profiles all tend to look the same.

Never been a mid-engine car fan but some are nice to look at. This Corvette is... acceptable. It'll look better in the higher trims when those come out. The wheels are too small (or for those of us who actually would track it, the tires are too thin) right now. The rear intakes aren't right, to me.

It's an excellent car, though. I just have so little interest in mid-engine cars I don't even bother looking.

Easy to get these from repos in Atlanta... guys go buy them on a zillion % interest 900 month loan and can't even pay that. Poof... if you know where to look you get one for less. Same deal with the Chargers and Challengers, especially the upper trims. It's pretty sad, actually.

The Camaro looks the same every year. Boring to me.

I’m not sure how to feel about the Vette. I kinda like it, but it has a weird stance. Kinda like a Cadillac ELR.

My favorite is the C6. I still want one someday.

Not a fan of the C8 either. To me, Corvettes are supposed to be front-engined GT cars. The C8 just doesn't look like a Corvette to me. It looks like a GM-built rear-engined sports car for sure, but to me it shouldn't be called a Corvette. Besides, the angles and proportions look wrong so I don't think it's an attractive car no matter what it's called. Give me a C6 Z06 any day.

Then again, I'm not a huge fan of rear-engined cars anyway. I'm one one of those weirdos who prefers front-engined Ferraris too.

The only good looking Corvettes are the 1953 through the 2021 and soon 2022 models.
Seeing a C8 flying down the freeway will blow you away.
If I was gonna get a supercar, the only 2 cars I would consider are the Vette and the Tesla Roadster 2.
1619554858937.png

C8 > every other corvette even a mid-70s Stingray/camaro

Bingo. You’ll never compete with Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, etc. with a FR setup.

Not only that, the 6th Gen Camaro is arguably a better FR setup than the C7 was. The Camaro6 can handle 650HP, the C7 Corvette cannot, so good riddance.

Up until the C8, each new generation of the Vette made the old one look super dated. The C7 still looks great, the C8 also looks great IMO. New Camaro not so much.

Back