GM 3.1 V6 picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree!
grin.gif

All the best drivers have Lancers, Sonotas and Kia Rios.
tongue.gif

I see where your going with this but aren't VWs and Audis the most popular cars on the back of tow trucks? I don't see many tow trucks but when I do there's usually a Audi product on the hook..although DC is a strong second.

I like how the japanese car advocates love to compare old American engines. For one forget about the 3.1,3.4 they've already been discontinued in all cars. Look at the new 3.5(based on the 3.1/3.4) it gets within 1mpg of Toyota and Honda's four cylinders.

Secondly peak horsepower means nothing. Look at you acceleration times of a Grand Prix and a lighter Honda Accord. they both have 240HP but the GP is much faster. Peak HP is for bragging rights. Total average horsepower is what matters unless you have a transmission that can hold your engine at redline.

And most definitely this is off-topic.
offtopic.gif

Come on cant you guy accept that an American engine might be good.
rolleyes.gif
You can't dispute a picture so you've resorted to bickering.

-T

offtopic.gif

It seems like the current patrons of VW/Audi is the whiney noob who has no car skills and no experience approaching my 12+ examples of the marque. There was just a serious problem with a batch of literally millions of bad BREMI coil-packs, a $15 part. There were no replacments available so most owners had to drive until one went bad and they got towed in for new ones. Cool guys carried a spare and poped it in on the side of the road. Basicly, as I see it: High tech = lower reliability and the converse. VW/Audi run the range from simple Golf turbo diesels to CVT trans and now Direct-Shift Gears (two clutches, it does not let go of the lower gear until the higher one has engaged) and all-aluminum body A8. VW/Audis are great cars, I have years and years in all different models and age VW/Audi cars and cannot really think of more than one or two no-starts. I dunno, there is an old Porsche saying that it equally rewards good owners and punishes bad owners. I think that's a sentiment that can be appreciated here.

Don't forget too that since the 2004 model year the Grand Prix GTP has had 260hp. And that's with only one camshaft and 12 valves.

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:

quote:

Originally posted by Drew99GT:
BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Go look in a car magazine, and see which is faster: a new V6 Accord with 6 speed manual trans, or ANY FWD V6 GM car. The Grand Prix GTP if I recall, musters low 15s stock. Accord V6 with the 6 speed is a mid 14 second car buddy! And, lets not even consider acceleration between a Grand Prix GTP and a new Altima/Maxima with V6 and 6 speed. I guess average total HP isn't for bragin rights; it's who crosses the finish line first
lol.gif

Yeah talk about BS. How about comparing similar equipped cars. Seems a 2004 Honda Accord with a automatic runs about 7.5 0-60 and 15.7 in the 1/4 mile. 3384 A Grand Prix on the same site comes in with a 6.8 0-60 and a 15.4 in the 1/4 mile with a 4 mph lead to boot.

-T

Oh yea, that's right, I forgot: GM is too lame to even put a manual tranny in the Grand Prix
nono.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Audi Junkie:
offtopic.gif

I dunno, there is an old Porsche saying that it equally rewards good owners and punishes bad owners. I think that's a sentiment that can be appreciated here.

That's Snoblish for "unreliable".

That's Snoblish for "unreliable".

Well, it simply could be TRUE.
grin.gif
Some ******* who does not maintain a high-maintenance car deserves what they get. You skipped the part of rewarding the good owner.
grin.gif

Boxter looks like one of the MOST reliable sports cars in CR repair history.

Suddenly Porsches are bad cars, yeah.
rolleyes.gif
You MUST not have Speed Channel.
rolleyes.gif

[ November 29, 2004, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: Audi Junkie ]

yes GM sucks for not offering manual trannies on enough cars!

The 3800 supercharged is bullet proof, gets good MPG, and minimanl easy upgrades like pulley, cold air intake, exhaust really makes it come alive!

safe to say my 2001 camaro SS gets better gas mileage than a g35 sedan... I drive them all day for work (dealership) and they gas mileage is pretty bad! And thats with 100 less wheel horsepower!

This is way off topic now so it's time to move it to the general automotive section.

GO HERE

[ November 29, 2004, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back