Glock 19

The CZ P-10C supposedly has a better trigger out of the box than a Glock 19.
Love my CZ's but selling a car to buy one magazine gets old real fast.

I have a "Glock" 19 I built myself. No Glock parts on it. Shoots and feels better than stock.

G19S1.jpg

G19.jpg

Funny I just sold my G19, the G17 fits me so well. However the G17 is third out of my safe behind my G21 or my loved and well used G20!

I understand Dave. Again I traded in 3 Glocks. My 42 and 43 went at least 5K rounds with no issues as far as I recall. MY G26 sucked from the beginning and I got rid of it before it was broken in. My G44 was very picky. It is now improved but the firing pin broke and its back to the factory.

My P365 has had no failures in the first 200 rounds. My Ruger LCP I can't recall any failures. In my mind, Glock is no more reliable than any other semi. I just wanted a G19

My G20 is a go-to for me. Great choice for SD. Buffalo Bore ammo in 220gr Hard cast for big predators. 180gr hollow point for smaller ones...

Had it about 8 years. Huge 10mm fan. Always have been.

My S&W 10mm is a great gun, but can’t match the Glock’s capacity. My 10mm Springfield 1911 is a nice shooter. Super accurate. Sweet trigger. Can’t match the Glock in capacity or reliability (though it has improved with a bit of tuning).

G20 FTW against a serious threat.

That said, I own three G19s at the moment. Great all around Gun. Excellent capacity, reliability, and size. My wife and daughters shoot it well. I shoot it well. I can even conceal it and if I had to carry a 9mm, it would be at the top of my list.

G19 for every day. Can’t go wrong with that one.

The G17, well, that one, I bought because it’s a classic. The first Glock on the market. Used a couple of times for shooting competitions, where the size was irrelevant, but the capacity helped. It’s a range toy at the moment. Still a great gun.

Bought one today. One gun shop was selling them at $780 I bought mine for $550. Amazingly the trigger pull averaged 4.7 pounds. I was very surprised. Best out of the box trigger I have experienced.

I've shot competition with mine and it is my primary home defense weapon. I think the size of it is perfect. I've got an Olight PL Mini 2 light on it and the package is still small enough to carry comfortably and fully concealed in an IWB kydex holster. I've heard all kinds of criticism of Glock triggers over the years but I think it is just right for me. I also put Truglo TFX sights on it and rubberized Talon grips.

I think you made a great choice! If I had to choose one and only one handgun, the G19 would be it. I've got thousands of rounds through it and every one has gone bang, as it should, with all sorts of different ammunition.

Btw, I had 2 G42s and both stovepiped, but only with bulk target FMJ ammo. I sold them to consolidate calibers and picked up a 43 that has been flawless from the first round. Even slightly stronger loads never had a problem in the 42s. They ran 100% with carry ammo. I've also got a G20 and LOVE that one. I have a G40 MOS barrel/slide on it with a Vortex Venom on it for a different kind of fun. I take the big G20 when I go off-roading in bear country. Tru-Glo TFX sights are on all my Glocks.

I run Underwood hard cast lead (220 grain I think) in the G20 for bear, or Underwood Xtreme Penetrators. In black bear country, I'll take the G19 with Underwood Xtreme Penetrators. I don't think it'd have a problem dropping a black bear with that ammo and might even stand a chance against a bigger bear. That 10mm is a real slammer. Dirty Harry would probably have a G40 if he carried a Glock.

Well, 5 shots vs. 16, so there's that. Then again, maybe he'd have the ultimate. A Thompson Center single shot in .45-70. I shot one of those once. WOW!
Probably 8 years ago at the range a know to me shooter was shooting his 460 and 500 he was having some sever issue hitting the target. A friend and I took him up on his offer to shoot them. Now I'm not the biggest guy at 5'8" and 175 Lbs. but I'm not recoil shy. I shot them both pretty well actually. He was amazed. So did our other mutual acquaintance. He wanted me to shoot it again so I agreed then I change my mind. I said go ahead and shoot it again while we watch. In the mean time my friend slipped one of the loads out of the cylinder while setting the gun back on the shooter position warning him the gun was loaded. The first few shots hit low between the legs of the target. Then he comes to the empty cylinder and pulls the trigger and he flinches violently. We laugh like Holey moley and break out laughing because we had told him he was flinching and he vehemently denied it. Then I say its those silent ones that will get you every time. He sold both the guns a week later.

After a good oiling...I shot 30 rounds of Wolf steel. no problems.
I’m curious...”good oiling”? One of the things about Glocks is that they run fine without oil, and they really need just a few drops in critical places.

Back