Getting rid of house odors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
my place is fully tiled with the exception of the hall which is a real wood floor.

i live on a dirt road and quite frankly, its impossible to keep carpet clean. this place came with carpet originally, it was a nightmare. dust and dirt get tracked in rediculously easy. i pulled it all up and tiled the entire house myself. with the tile i just vacuum it once every few days and mop once a week. actually back when i had a irobot i let it take care of the floor. the stupid nephiews tried to stand on irobot once and broke it though. back to manual cleaning for me :\

Buy a carpet shampoer/steam cleaner and you wont have problems.

In current house have hardwood on first floor with area rugs and carpet on 2nd floor and used carpet in garage.

In my first house I built, I had all carpet except kitchen which had vinyl.

Carpet and padding is much better on the feet. I like the carpet.

I dunno about you guys. My carpeting has been in place since the house was built in 1977, and hasn't been cleaned since I've lived there (21 years). And that's with 18 years of big dogs habitating with me. Yearly vacuuming keeping this looking presentable, and I haven't died of any mysterious diseases yet! I can't believe people spending to replace their flooring as often as they do. I guess my priorities lie in different places.

quote:

Originally posted by Beachboy:
I dunno about you guys. My carpeting has been in place since the house was built in 1977, and hasn't been cleaned since I've lived there (21 years). And that's with 18 years of big dogs habitating with me. Yearly vacuuming keeping this looking presentable, and I haven't died of any mysterious diseases yet! I can't believe people spending to replace their flooring as often as they do. I guess my priorities lie in different places.

You vacuum your carpets every year? Aren't you afraid you are going to wear them out with the vacuum cleaner?

quote:

Originally posted by Master ACiD:
i pulled it all up and tiled the entire house myself. with the tile i just vacuum it once every few days and mop once a week. actually back when i had a irobot i let it take care of the floor. the stupid nephiews tried to stand on irobot once and broke it though. back to manual cleaning for me :\

Any advice on grout sealer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back