getting hosed by the water company

Status
Not open for further replies.
"And im perfectly calm but the stupidity and arrogance from some is amazing."

we're sitting here, having a coffee, when we saw this comment.i wasn't going to post again on this thread, but this comment is just sad.especially from one that cannot deal with such a petty issue, without assistance.
you don't have the communication or debating skills to go toe to toe, verbally, with anyone on this thread.
why should anyone try and assist you, when you refer to our replies as "stupidity and arrogance." maybe nobody should reply to ram's future "what do I do" threads.one wonders what will be the next catastrophic event requiring assistance-- perhaps a broken shoelace, or, god forbid, a burned out lightbulb. time will tell.
not since technolog and carnoobie, has anyone started so many "what do I do" threads about such petty issues, that would end up with such goofy results. that puts ram in pretty good company.
anyway,we just started a pool as to when your next "what do I do", about something petty thread, will appear.there will be about 9 or 10 in the pool by dark, so, please hold off until this evening.we're just creating our own fun, so to speak.
seriously, ram -- I hope that you get this resolved soon, since, per your posts, this calamity has been very stressful for you. have a good night.

Why not call the number on the bill and ask there? If the person on the phone cannot help you, you ask for their superior. If the superior cannot help you ask for their superior, etc. etc. Eventually, if you are calm, but persistent (unlike your persona on the net), you will get to the person that will be able to help you.

Yes, it may take a while on the phone, maybe even several phone calls, and yes, you will be away from BITOG during that time, but that's how some things go in real life.

The lady a
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Why not call the number on the bill and ask there? If the person on the phone cannot help you, you ask for their superior. If the superior cannot help you ask for their superior, etc. etc. Eventually, if you are calm, but persistent (unlike your persona on the net), you will get to the person that will be able to help you.

Yes, it may take a while on the phone, maybe even several phone calls, and yes, you will be away from BITOG during that time, but that's how some things go in real life.

The lady at the office i mentioned is who answerd the phone from the number on the bill. I asked for her superior very calmly and was told i couldnt have that information. Thats the problem entirely

Missouri American Water's Customer Service Center is available to serve you 24/7. Our goal is courteous and efficient response to your needs. If you have a question that we cannot resolve to your satisfaction, you have the right to request that the Missouri Public Service Commission (PSC) review the unresolved issue. You may contact the PSC at:

Missouri Public Service Commission Governor Office Building
200 Madison Street
PO Box 360
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0360 1.800.392.4211

Seriously, it took me 3 minutes searching on the internet.

BC. [/quote]

my friend was looking at the thread, and noticed this.bladecutter was good enough to post this yesterday, after an exhaustive search of 3 minutes.this is the horses mouth.good luck.

Last edited:
^ I wonder if OP has called the 1-800 number yet, and what the result was.

Maybe less rage-satisfying than jacking the bill office lady right in the jaw, but probably will get results more effectively.

Originally Posted By: 97f150
Seems like a fellow on here a while back used to like to jaw jack. Haven't seen him in a while though. Almost identical threads though.

Ya think?
wink.gif
LOL!!!!
grin.gif

My problem is how you people act i ask a question because i honestly have no idea and instead you guys ask unrealted questions and then pull this nonsense about me that isnt true.
sad that you guys have nothing better to do that belittle people with honest questions. I guess its different for me i work all day and do not have time to attack people i don't not know. I guess you guys dont have that same problem.....

Overkill acting as you are is not becoming. I commented back after work. You guys run at the miuth throughout the day like you have nothing better to do. I enjoy good discussion but i had an issue and you guys make a bunch of drama of it. All i asked wad a simple question and this is how you all respond. Sad how you treat people on here. Also sad that this board doesn't allow you to properly ignore other trouble makers on here.

Luckily, since this thread isn't about me or an adventure (once again) into my personal life, whether you consider my "acts" becoming or not really isn't going to do much to curb the commentary. This is your dog and pony show gone wild, not mine. I was simply pointing out that for somebody without a lot of spare time, you have managed to participate quite actively in these discussions of your creation which, you must admit, have a tendency to go sideways. This isn't a new phenomenon. We've discussed this before.

And we don't all work the same hours. Some guys work 9-5, some guys work odd hours. I'm upgrading network gear when you are asleep, that's how it goes. And, conveniently, for people like myself who work in IT or for those who work in some other field that involves them sitting in front of a computer most of the day, getting on here and taking a peak during the day isn't a big deal.

And to be clear: I wasn't trying to be rude (hence the smiley), I simply found it amusing that you have an 8-page thread going here and then say you don't have time to participate in these "games"
wink.gif

I have better things to do than argue with these people.

And i am done arguing about it i find it sickening that mods like jhzr2 can stir up drama and get away with it because he's a mod. You would expect him to act with a little more maturity and decency.
Also one person riles it up and 4 others join in to attack said party its a sad thing thing to be apart of and a sad thing to allow.
Others have complained about jhzr2 but i haven't seen anything change . Go figure. Very frustrating.

Interesting... So asking questions is bad...

Somehow this is drama?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
So paint a better picture for us. You keep saying 2080 gallons, but is that good or bad? How am I supposed to know?

You say youve been documenting the meter - so the meter is saying youre using less than they are billing you for? What amounts? Are you sure your units are correct, like cubic feet, cubic yards, cubic meters, liters?

How do they collect data? Do they estimate usage, pull a signal wirelessly, or pull a signal through a box on the side of your house?

You getting all mad seems par for the course.

Nobody is along questions or making this a bigger deal to be malicious. Why you think that's the case is beyond me.

And there are plenty of us who have had to deal with stuff like this, long before web forums with a level of rigor that folks at BITOG put on things, existed. If you have such an issue with putting the last 1/4 of your situation out there, when the first 3/4 can be patched together by info that YOU put out there... Then perhaps you should reconsider your online presence.

Again, nobody is trying to be malicious just because they say something besides what you think you should hear... And nobody is arguing with you either. Going to higher authority is par for the course, do it then.

Making your snarky rude comments is the problem. You know [censored] good and well how to push buttons youve done it to others not just me. And dont assume i am mad. I am actually in a good mood i just dont appreciate the flack you and a few others thrive on calling. Once again to reiterate. I asked 1 simple question and you amd a couple other responded with questions. I tried to answer some but to many people were commenting and i didn't get all of them answered. Then i am accused me of doing this regularly when the reality is i asked "since i tried the lady at the office and that's not getting me anywhere whats the best way to go from there who should i talk to next? And instead of an answer to that 1 question i get asked what type of meter,how much water usage have i checked for leaks,here is where you should look for leaks ect ect ect..... none of those amswer my question and i assumed saying i have no leaks ect and that the usage is just wrong would have implied we could skip the have you checked this and what about your meter kinda of questions. It was 1 simple question and it turned into a big pain.

This post made me question my grandma's water bill. Hers says she used like 15,000 gallons per month. So today while I was over there I went and took a picture of the meter, then filled up a 5 gallon bucket 3 times with the hose. This made 15 gallons of water. The meter runs on cubic feet. 7.48 gallons of water is 1 cubic foot. So since 15 gallons of water is basically 2 cubic feet I went and looked at the meter afterwards. It read about 1.5 cubic feet. I don't get it, but maybe you could try the same thing.

Your question has been answered more than once in this thread. In case you missed it:

Missouri Public Service Commission Governor Office Building
200 Madison Street
PO Box 360
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0360 1.800.392.4211

That's who you need to contact.

All the questions are from people who are just trying to help, because 99% of the time an unusually high utility bill is the result of a problem inside your home, and not an error by the utility company.

No [censored]. It was answered. Thats not the issue the issue is how a few people act on here. I appreciate the few who gave good solid advice ans its to bad not everyone is capable of that

ram_man is growing up and learning. I was clueless in my 20's too except thankfully had no kids to support/raise etc.

I actually had issues in my twenties with health insurance companies and town billing too. Mostly a misunderstanding on my part and not realizing at 22 you don't know everything. I overpaid for cars, lost $1000 in a scam, believed in 3000 mile oil changes :), and all that jazz! In my day on the internet mods did not really exist and it was open season, it is better now even if you disagree.

You are doing fine ram_man and good luck sorting it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back