Getting even when neighbors despise each other...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barking dogs are the worst kind of torture. Hard to even have a conversation or a relaxing second of solitude, isn’t it? 4 years into my HOA and not a bark. Dogs not allowed to be kept outside. Pure bliss.
There are typically city ordanances about relentless barking dogs too, and fines for owners who allow their dog(s) to bark excessively. Dogs that bark all day long are a royal annoyance.

Yeah i despise HOA's. In Denver a couple years back a guy was ticketed for having a boat on a trailer in his driveway. Yeah i get it.
I'm more on the side of why do people move into a house under HOA and think the rules don't apply to them and then whine about how they are being treated unfairly.

Look. I apologize to all I may have offended. HOA’s are in my opinion, a necessary evil in my overpopulated state of New Jersey. Having said that I have to share my community latest census report that just hit my in box yesterday. It includes pets! I’m on a mission to find out who has that one fish! I’m pretty sure that’s not allowed😊

Attachments

• 51AC9A6E-0CF8-4FCD-BD08-B471D2BD8E5F.jpeg
    51AC9A6E-0CF8-4FCD-BD08-B471D2BD8E5F.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 26
Look. I apologize to all I may have offended. HOA’s are in my opinion, a necessary evil in my overpopulated state of New Jersey. Having said that I have to share my community latest census report that just hit my in box yesterday. It includes pets! I’m on a mission to find out who has that one fish! I’m pretty sure that’s not allowed😊

Could be there are some undocumented fish.

You never know 🙂😆
"Asking for a friend"

Yeah we have a diagonal neighbor that our next door neighbor complained about, both are about 72 and the diagonal one has bamboo planted at the fence area that encroach to the next door's yard. This really ruined their gardening and they had to hire people to dig out the root that encroaches. He tried to negotiate to have them removed but were ignored, he tried to ask the cities if they can be asked to remove due to being a non native species or pest and there was no regulation on that. I told them, the only way to do it is either to secretly poison the bamboo with roundup, hot steam, or out live the neighbors.

It can be fun to observe neighbor feuds from a distance.

I'm in a bit of a neighbor battle myself though not quite like that. Twice now someone (anonymously of course) has left a letter on my mailbox citing the county ordinances on "inoperable vehicles" and how I should remove my "inoperable vehicle" as "nobody wants to look at your junk car."

That "junk car" is my drag car. It is very much operable, but with a 4.56 rear gear, slicks, cage, skinny front tires, no AC/heat, only a bucket driver seat, only a 3 gallon fuel cell, and a tiny radiator that won't keep it cool on the highway... it's not going to get driven on the street. The tracks have been mostly closed due to Covid so of course it's been sitting a lot. I mean, if they want to me to show it's operable, I can certainly do that. I can crank it up, open headers, race fuel, etc... and go shake the ground around the neighborhood for a few minutes every week. Certainly that'll satisfy the "operable" issue.
Around here we love operated "junk cars" to keep the street occupied, or the homeless will park there.

"Asking for a friend"

Yeah we have a diagonal neighbor that our next door neighbor complained about, both are about 72 and the diagonal one has bamboo planted at the fence area that encroach to the next door's yard. This really ruined their gardening and they had to hire people to dig out the root that encroaches. He tried to negotiate to have them removed but were ignored, he tried to ask the cities if they can be asked to remove due to being a non native species or pest and there was no regulation on that. I told them, the only way to do it is either to secretly poison the bamboo with roundup, hot steam, or out live the neighbors.
Yes bamboo is very invasive. My dad doesn’t like on of our neighbors and has talked about purposely planting it but he was kidding about it as he is also a gardener and we talk about gardening a lot with him.

Easy to pontificate from an ivory tower. Try living next door or across the street from a Fred and get back to me. When you go to sell and have to come down 20% because of the Fred factor it strikes home.
I hear you, but it life and there is no guarantee, even after you buy, that a Fred won't move in and trash the hood.

We have lots of empty land turned into apartment building near by, and that ruined the nearby property value, there is nothing we can complain about because they are zoned to allow that and followed all the regulations and stuff.

Now homeless encampment with needles around, that's something I wouldn't want. I'll take Fred anyday.

I hear you, but it life and there is no guarantee, even after you buy, that a Fred won't move in and trash the hood.

We have lots of empty land turned into apartment building near by, and that ruined the nearby property value, there is nothing we can complain about because they are zoned to allow that and followed all the regulations and stuff.

Now homeless encampment with needles around, that's something I wouldn't want. I'll take Fred anyday.

Where do you draw the line?

"Asking for a friend"

Tell your friend to toss some Kudzu over their fence haha!!:D

Talk about setting the bar low.
Really in much of America that is just how bad things have become. I've watched the decay of society over my many decades of life and keeps getting more and more ugly every year, things have really gone to heck the past decade or so. I know about this personally.

Yeah i despise HOA's. In Denver a couple years back a guy was ticketed for having a boat on a trailer in his driveway. Yeah i get it.
I’m not a fan of HOA’s either, but if people choose to live there, they are choosing to live by the rules.

Some friends had a house in an older addition with no HOA. I’m guessing 70-80’s or so. His yard butted up against a newer addition and the “neighbor” felt he should live by their rules. Yeah, no.

They ended up getting a house in the country and are much happier now.

Some... most?... HOA’s seem to be ran by a bunch of Karen’s, while others like the HOA at our old house did next to nothing about anything. $270/year covered garbage and “street lights” of which I think there were like 4 on my street. My neighbor had 3 non-running vehicles in his driveway and parked 2 trucks on the street right across from my driveway and the road wasn’t really wide enough for street parking. But you know what they say... Power corrupts.

Really in much of America that is just how bad things have become. I've watched the decay of society over my many decades of life and keeps getting more and more ugly every year, things have really gone to heck the past decade or so. I know about this personally.
It really started going down hill in 2016 when they killed that friggin Gorilla at the Cincinnati Zoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back