GC stash status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys, after hitting 7 inner-city AZ's, I've procured 35 qts. (7 changes for my 5 qt. sump) of GC, all of which are 04 vintage. I got them all for $3.99/qt. (on sale). I still have 3 more stores to visit...probably this weekend. I have little doubt that there's more available. I have seen at least 50 qts. of the 02 stuff which I passed up. I may be wrong but I'm just a little concerned about the age of the 02 oil. You're right...this is a sickness with no known cure...

I found 17 qts. last week (04 & 03), and just last night I found another 10 qts. of 04, 03, & 02. That brings my total to 27 qts.

The green is still out there to be had!

Just remember, when the Green is gone, the "Bright and Clear" Golden Product of the Elves will be there to carry on.

will there be a memorial service for the green when its finally laid to rest. could always get some green food coloring dye and mix in the gold to give it that green look lol.

The Green was indeed fun...I like the coloration still, but I am becoming enamored of the clarity and brillance of the Gold...kind of like pouring liquid sunshine into your engine.
wink.gif

It DOES NOT smell as delightful as the green however...

If the green is avalable, I'll buy it. But I've moved on to the gold- a recent fill in one of my chevy trucks.

I've heard that AZ still has the $3.99 sale on. Anyone?

Bowser

Posted by Pscholte:
The Green was indeed fun...I like the coloration still, but I am becoming enamored of the clarity and brillance of the Gold...kind of like pouring liquid sunshine into your engine.

It DOES NOT smell as delightful as the green however... [/quote}
And just when are you going to start stocking up on the gold??? Unless you're drinking your 228 quarts, it should be some time before you need any of the gold. . .
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cheers.gif

Ah, ek..., mon ami, mein GC Bruder, the Elfe Meister ALREADY has bottles of The Gold...by the way I just did two oil changes so I am -12 quarts from last report...down to 211 quarts.

PS To those of you keeping us informed regarding the $3.99 price, muchas gracias.

I have gone to approx. 9 Autozone stores in my area within the last 6 months and NOTHING!! I was in PA last weekend and managed to sneak in a trip to Autozone, thinking I was going to get lucky but NADA. After going through about 20 bottles I found a batch a 0w30 that was in a yellow/black bottle, I think it was a 2000 batch. Needless to say I am very disappointed. I haven't given up hope yet though.

Hang in there technica...the value of Gold keeps going up...while those who don't understand might ask, "Why," your search is worth the effort.

The GC Green gods, I mean elves, must be shining on me. I scored 59 qts in my first 5 AZ runs. Gonna check one more and give it a rest so my wife can recover!
grin.gif

I just bought 9 more quarts of GC gold at Autozone for $3.99 a quart. This brings my total stash up to 18 (9 M0502 vintage and 9 M0512 vintage - really new stuff), which comparatively isn't a lot, but I'm getting there. With all the problems with the quality of post Katrina oil, even Mobil 1, I think having an unadulterated stash of GC (that actually is what it says it is) is valuable. BTW, I also found some pre-Katrina Mobil 1 5w-20, so it's still out there, but fading fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back