Gave Up On Valvoline - Havoline?

I still have Valvoline in my stash and would consider them, but the deals seem to have gone away. Even with the $5 off..

70s ? Dang your old.
Be very careful of them old guys with the Adidas shirts and old/vintage shoes if you're at the track or street racing. They may seem soft spoken and goofy, but they'll take your cash with a quickness.

Something about old age and treachery.

I loved my Adidas logo shirts when I was a kid in the 70s. Adidas was the bomb!:D
1662481341266.jpg

Come to think of it, I think I was wearing New Balance and Izods in the 70s. The Adidas didn’t kick in till the early 80s:D

You guys forgot Pumas ... had some Puma track shoes with the spikes, lol.

You think like me.
I always have been a GM and Valvoline fan.
Switching oil to also keep my money in the good ole USA.
I’m old and stuck in my ways….
My guess is that Saudi Aramco bought the back-end part of Valvoline because it was good oil. They most likely want to improve their lubricant manufacturing capability as well as increase it globally. Making the oil worse doesn't really figure in to that.

As far as "keeping the money in the US" goes, that has more or less gone out the window once international entities were allowed to buy US stocks. A company could be headquartered in the US, but have a majority of foreign shareholders. Or vice-versa.

To me, the real question isn't where the profit goes, it's where their workers are employed. And for Valvoline, that's not going to change very soon.

Yes. The hope is the employees will keep their jobs. I assume the process of blending and additive package will remain the same. It’s an old mindset of mine. Toyota Camry is built here in the USA. BMW has a plant down the road in South Carolina. Just need to readjust my thinking I guess.

Again my experience comes from my initial exposure to non-USA stuff came as a young dealership technician recalling the GM Target Master replacement engines built south of the border. They never didn’t have a problem after installing. Leaks, incorrectly adjusted valve lash, and several that knocked. That’s a very narrow minded view I know….

Last edited:
I see it as a scam. Most if not all oil is probably going to meet it. I wouldn't be swayed away from the M1 0w30/5w30 if they took it away. Same as when I bought the Redline. They were trying to appeal to people who usually had their mind made up already. I seen a post by @High Performance Lubricants on their site that talks about these "spec" oils and they seem to word it as they aren't really that impressive and I'm guessing it's the bare minimum quality and material to get there. I also question how long can they hold onto the spec before shearing,heat,etc take place. I'd be more inclined to ask on here about a product or try a decifer the data sheets and talk to others who have used the product I am interested in. Remember this Dexos was a GM thing that in my opinion used it to help recuperate costs from their disaster of a car company and the bailout. Glad boutique oils like HPL, Redline,Amsoil and others aren't bending just to make an inferior product.
GM vehicles have several warranties - the longest by far is the emissions system - The heart of these getting very expensive due to mineral cost escalation - and theft …
No chance I’ll put boutique oil in my engines while under warranty …

You think like me.
I always have been a GM and Valvoline fan.
Switching oil to also keep my money in the good ole USA.
I’m old and stuck in my ways….
I think Supertech is still Warren Oil.. they may be made in Arkansas, there apparently are several Warren Oils.

HPL or @High Performance Lubricants is also great American oil. 🇺🇸

The choices are getting slim but. I like where your head is at...

And they make Toyotas and many others in America and some of the parts are from Mexico, some from Canada, some from local suppliers like Denso in Michigan.. it ain't so clear-cut anymore.. Fords been made in Mexico now...

Why is Havoline being insinuated to be close to Valvoline? Because they both end in "voline"?😁

Now that's funny 🤣🤣🤣

And they make Toyotas and many others in America and some of the parts are from Mexico, some from Canada, some from local suppliers like Denso in Michigan.. it ain't so clear-cut anymore.. Fords been made in Mexico now...
Now? I lived in Mexico for a short while back in 1968. Ford had a plant there at that time. In fact, Ford built the first auto manufacturing facility in Mexico in 1925 where the Model T was built.

Back