Gave Up On Valvoline - Havoline?

Jackson_Slugger

$50 Site Donor 2022
I still have Valvoline in my stash and would consider them, but the deals seem to have gone away. Even with the $5 off..

70s ? Dang your old.
Be very careful of them old guys with the Adidas shirts and old/vintage shoes if you're at the track or street racing. They may seem soft spoken and goofy, but they'll take your cash with a quickness.

Something about old age and treachery.

I loved my Adidas logo shirts when I was a kid in the 70s. Adidas was the bomb!:D
1662481341266.jpg

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
You guys forgot Pumas ... had some Puma track shoes with the spikes, lol.

You think like me.
I always have been a GM and Valvoline fan.
Switching oil to also keep my money in the good ole USA.
I’m old and stuck in my ways….
My guess is that Saudi Aramco bought the back-end part of Valvoline because it was good oil. They most likely want to improve their lubricant manufacturing capability as well as increase it globally. Making the oil worse doesn't really figure in to that.

As far as "keeping the money in the US" goes, that has more or less gone out the window once international entities were allowed to buy US stocks. A company could be headquartered in the US, but have a majority of foreign shareholders. Or vice-versa.

To me, the real question isn't where the profit goes, it's where their workers are employed. And for Valvoline, that's not going to change very soon.

PontiacHO

Yes. The hope is the employees will keep their jobs. I assume the process of blending and additive package will remain the same. It’s an old mindset of mine. Toyota Camry is built here in the USA. BMW has a plant down the road in South Carolina. Just need to readjust my thinking I guess.

Again my experience comes from my initial exposure to non-USA stuff came as a young dealership technician recalling the GM Target Master replacement engines built south of the border. They never didn’t have a problem after installing. Leaks, incorrectly adjusted valve lash, and several that knocked. That’s a very narrow minded view I know….

Last edited: