T-Mobile
BASF
Trader Joe's
Adidas
Puma
Stihl
Infineon
ARMunitions

But they are European Caucasian. Do they get a PASS or an O.K.

We have been de-globalizing for years for economic reasons, not political ones, and its sped up in the last couple of years due to pandemic caused supply chain issues.

Huge companies like Intel for example are spending $20B to build a semiconductor plant in Ohio. Labor rates in China 30 years ago were so cheap we off-shored labor intensive activities there. Labor rates in China have increased 18X in 30 years. Factory labor rates in Mexico are actually cheaper than China now, and its a lot closer to home.

Walmart even assembles there cheap bicycles in South Carolina now - but they do still use Chinese parts to keep the cost down. They used to assemble them in China, box them, and ship to the US. Now they ship containers of parts to South Carolina and let American workers assemble them.

So no, its not a loosing battle at all, but it will be a long, drawn out, battle.
I have been saying for a decade we need to do more business in all parts of N. America …

Looking at the list again, BASF is another German company.
With one of the best advertising lines ever …

Then you got the Germans owning:

T-Mobile
BASF
Trader Joe's
Adidas
Puma
Stihl
Infineon
ARMunitions

Yes they get a pass...Most of us 'Muricans have German blood/ancestry...Interesting tidbit - I learned several months ago that the founders of Adidas and Puma were brothers.

And Bayer … Siemens … maybe a few cars lol …
The store chain ALDI, Continental Tire, BOSCH, DHL, numerous breweries (and those with 'Murican roots were primarily founded by Germans circa 1800s), and most importantly...BALLISTOL!

1662323326083.png

Last edited:
The store chain ALDI, Continental Tire, BOSCH, DHL, numerous breweries (and those with 'Murican roots were primarily founded by Germans circa 1800s), and most importantly...BALLISTOL!

View attachment 115556
I feel sorry for someone who would attempt to use this as they encourage to "shine your boats gel coat!" NOT!!! Dont do it................

Then you got the Germans owning:

T-Mobile
BASF
Trader Joe's
Adidas
Puma
Stihl
Infineon
ARMunitions

Not sure where you are coming from because as much as I loathe the faux "our town" crap in this thread, it's a false equivalency. But yes, they get a pass at this point. They're a democratic (if imperfect) society that has owned up to their past and one that runs by the rule of law and not on the whim of a kleptocrat/oligarch. I might add that not all Germans are Euro Caucasians at this point...

And you forgot ALDIS, my fav store!

For those ditching Valvoline, You are very likely abandoning American Workers. Keeping Stateside workers employed and well compensated should be you primary concern. The ownership and CFO, CEO - wherever they live - Foreign or Domestic or both - are usually all stinky rich guys and gals that have nothing to do with the Middle class other than to employ them.
As long as they keep the Status Quo or improve things stateside, I would not engage your girlish touchy-feely side to bad effect.
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

Interesting for me to learn last year that ALDI and Trader Joe's are owned by two brothers that split operation in Germany in 1966 to North and South and went separate ways. ALDI Nord is called Trader Joe's in the U.S.

I don't shop either. No Joe's near me and our ALDI is too "communist block" for me :)

Also interesting to learn that Adi in Adi Das is a cutesy name for Adolph - Herr Dassler's given name,

It's NOT pronounced uh-DEE-das ... no matter what RUN DMC be rappin'

Interesting for me to learn last year that ALDI and Trader Joe's are owned by two brothers that split operation in Germany in 1966 to North and South and went separate ways. ALDI Nord is called Trader Joe's in the U.S.

There's another German chain in the US mainly west of the Mississippi but can't recall them...
I don't shop either. No Joe's near me and our ALDI is too "communist block" for me :)
? Both the founding cities are not only located in what was West Germany they (Essen and the other one) they are closer to France than the defunct DDR/GDR. I wish that somehow made any sense. The successful German Federal Republic did as much if not more to end communism that anyone else...

Also interesting to learn that Adi in Adi Das is a cutesy name for Adolph - Herr Dassler's given name,

It's NOT pronounced uh-DEE-das ... no matter what RUN DMC be rappin'

Completely made up:

In 1962, they introduced the name Aldi (a syllabic abbreviation for Albrecht Diskont),[8] which is pronounced [ˈaldiː]

Even so there is a bar in South Buffalo NY called "Adolphs" that was open in the 1920's and predates the Austrian prick's rise to power. Adolph isn't an uncommon name. Or at least wasn't prior to 1945...

Good luck with the Germans are on par with the House of Saud though... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'll see labels that say "Made in the US of mostly foreign materials" all the time. Or "Majority content made in the US".

Back