Gave the Elantra a Meguiar's Synthetic "Ultimate" Paste Wax Detail

I'd you're going to buy a polisher, at least get a real DA. Skip the Walmart junk.

Cheapest decent polishers are either SPTA on Amazon or Bauer at Harbor Freight.
Thanks! Is there a difference between a "buffer" and "polisher"? Whats DA? I will look into SPTA, but i have no idea what im looking at, as i've always been a "hand job wax" type of person.

Here she is. I had off for a couple of day so after spending $350 yesterday to fix all 4 bent OEM 17" rims, i thought i would give it some more love today to go with this new found smoothness LOL. The spray on ceramics/waxes cant seem to touch a good old fashioned hand wax job!. The paint looks near new after the use of Meguiar's G18211 Ultimate Paste Wax. It makes the Hyundai's blue metallic paint look so deep, and the metallic flakes really do come through. Its a little time consuming, vs a spay on wax, but the results are worth it. I will continue to use the spray on waxes for touch ups or quick details. It does clean up extremely well for what it is, without a car payment. Cant complain. :love::love:
Nice job on the wax, but I have to ask what led to all 4 wheels being bent? Typical road damage in your area?

Nice job on the wax, but I have to ask what led to all 4 wheels being bent? Typical road damage in your area?
Thanks!, Long story short, marketplace..
Extended story: I had 15" steel rims with hubcaps, and hated the road feel, and look of them, so i went looking for Hyundai OEM 17" rims (optional on the Elantra Touring/GT so i know they would fit, and speedo would be spot on with 215/45 tires) and these were listed "local-ish" to me. I did not even think to check for bends when i bought them off Marketplace. I had new 215/45R17 rubber mounted and removed the 225/50R17 that were on it, and first shop never told me about bends, now i had a vibration, paid a 2nd time for another shop to balance tires, and they told me all 4 rims are all unture.. I assumed with the ticker sidewall (50) and tread area (225) of the tires that were on the rims originally, that bends would be unlikely, so i did not give them a 2nd thought. I was very wrong lol. I dont know how this guy ended up with them in the middle of the woods, but it seems like they were city or maybe thruway rims, and slammed more then one pot hole in their life. They also came of a Hyundai vehicle that weighted like 850 more lbs then the Elantra, so maybe weight, lower profile tires, over inflation, and potholes was the cause of these bends.
At the end of the day i learned a lesson on rim buying lol. But im still ahead price wise with the looks/road feel i was going for, as Hyundai 17"s go for about $175 a rim, or over $550 for 4 in my area on market place, as that was going to be my next option, buy 4 other non bent Hyundai Sonata/Optima/Elantra 17's. 18's and above are to big, and 16's are too small with more sidewall, so they had to be 17's.

Back