Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax vs. TW Ice Seal n Shine

I only did the hood before the cussing started and I put it away. Each half of the hood got two sprays. There's ample warning about overuse on the label. I followed the directions.
That’s frustating.

I haven’t used that particular product, but maybe someone here who has can provide some insight.

Weird because so many folks love the product, especially because it’s comparitively inexpensive.

I used (for the firs time) CMX Ceramic Spay Coating on the elantra recently. Results look pretty good, paint is "deeper" surface scratches disappear, not bad for $19.50 @ wal-mart. We will see how long it last, but water just "floats" on the paint as of now.
Soooo to update on CMX Ceramic Spray Coating... lasted one trip in a rain storm, and looked like i never applied it. I reapplied it, and it again looks amazing, but durability is nonexistent... i'll use the rest of the bottle, and try something else..
I feel like i "wasted" 20 bucks.

Is there a cure time on the CMX?
You know for example, do you have to wait the full 24 hours before getting the vehicle wet(rain or washing)?

Soooo to update on CMX Ceramic Spray Coating... lasted one trip in a rain storm, and looked like i never applied it. I reapplied it, and it again looks amazing, but durability is nonexistent... i'll use the rest of the bottle, and try something else..
I feel like i "wasted" 20 bucks.

My time with the product. I had no issues with durability.

I thought I can live with spray sealants forever. Some are decent, but after i tried real coating, they look kinda weak.
Ceramic coatings are stout.
However liquid & paste waxes are also a lot more potent than spray waxes.

In order of strength.
True coating > liquid/paste wax > easy spray stuff.

That isn't really a true statement anymore
I wish that was the case. I've tried spray waxes and in terms of shine and water repellency they aren't anywhere near liquid/paste waxes or sealants.
I can see them useful as quick booster to existing wax layers after routine washes.

True ceramic coatings (70-80% SiO2) are in a whole different league.

I wish that was the case. I've tried spray waxes and in terms of shine and water repellency they aren't anywhere near liquid/paste waxes or sealants.
I can see them useful as quick booster to existing wax layers after routine washes.

True ceramic coatings (70-80% SiO2) are in a whole different league.
Griot's 3 in 1 Ceramic Wax is actually quite stout in terms of lasting protection and even visible water beading. Check out Scott HD's youtube channel for real world panel testing longetivity tests (as in leaving it out in the sun/elements and washing it normally without any toppers and not strip washing it multiple times); he only did 1 layer application from what I can see and it's been outlasting most other things.

I would categorize that as a spray wax/sealant as application is just as simple as the typical spray on stuff. There is SiO2 in it, but there are some carnauba components in it as well that helped with the color depth and pop. I applied 2 layers about a month ago and water beading is just as tight as it was then, without any toppers after sitting out in the sun all day and going through the Ida storm/rain remnants up near Philly.