Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax vs. TW Ice Seal n Shine

One thing I did like about the HCW, was how easy it was to apply and take off. Probably only took me 35-40 minutes to do the whole car and it wasn’t tiring.

I’ll keep using it for a little bit to see if maybe I can build up layers/more protection.

I’ll have to give the Yellow Wax #26 a try though.
I've just started using it and really l how it applies too. I'll finish up using it everytime I wash the car to develop depth. Hopefully it'll prove worthwhile as I like how it looks.

Attachments

• 48BCF532-FB78-45BB-B3D1-1A4E35BE30E4.jpeg
    48BCF532-FB78-45BB-B3D1-1A4E35BE30E4.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 30
that´s one of their problems... they have way too many products (clones) for each use..
rather one product and strong, than a dozens inferiors..
I never understood why people dislike an abundance of choice. Since CG are not the blenders, they are free to cover ever single niche as they see fit. It's very smart from a business/marketing perspective.

You said you wanted your money back. Which product were you dissatisfied with?

I never understood why people dislike an abundance of choice. Since CG are not the blenders, they are free to cover ever single niche as they see fit. It's very smart from a business/marketing perspective.

You said you wanted your money back. Which product were you dissatisfied with?
I can’t speak about CG.........
I’m all about choices as long as there is an easily discernible difference between the products. Mother‘s has 3 different types of spray wax - Marine, Speed, and California Gold. The Marine does not state that it is for Marine use only, and I cannot tell the difference between the Speed and the California Gold.
Obviously this is a first world problem but annoying nevertheless😎😎

I used (for the firs time) CMX Ceramic Spay Coating on the elantra recently. Results look pretty good, paint is "deeper" surface scratches disappear, not bad for $19.50 @ wal-mart. We will see how long it last, but water just "floats" on the paint as of now.

Attachments

• IMG_1784.jpeg
    IMG_1784.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 16
I used (for the firs time) CMX Ceramic Spay Coating on the elantra recently. Results look pretty good, paint is "deeper" surface scratches disappear, not bad for $19.50 @ wal-mart. We will see how long it last, but water just "floats" on the paint as of now.
I used CMX on my Atlas before I installed a real coating. It performed pretty well and looked great. If you spray it onto the car instead of into your towel or applicator, any spots of overspray will dry white.

I used CMX on my Atlas before I installed a real coating. It performed pretty well and looked great. If you spray it onto the car instead of into your towel or applicator, any spots of overspray will dry white.
Yes!, you are correct, :ROFLMAO: i learned that the hard way, sprayed on car to get "more coverage" and bam, white around the letters and emblem on trunk where the micro would not get.

I guess I'm the sole person who's not a fan of TW Sesl & Shine. Bought a bottle and tried it on the Mustang Friday night, and that was a miserable experience. Streak, streak and more streak. Going back over it with a wet microfiber evened it out, but it left the paint feeling unprotected. A dry microfiber would drag across the paint as if there was no sealant at all. Took a handful of water and tossed it on the hood....hardly any bead.

I now have another expensive bottle of wheel detailer. Not sure what went wrong, but the experience didn't mirror what I've read about it here.

I guess I'm the sole person who's not a fan of TW Sesl & Shine. Bought a bottle and tried it on the Mustang Friday night, and that was a miserable experience. Streak, streak and more streak. Going back over it with a wet microfiber evened it out, but it left the paint feeling unprotected. A dry microfiber would drag across the paint as if there was no sealant at all. Took a handful of water and tossed it on the hood....hardly any bead.

I now have another expensive bottle of wheel detailer. Not sure what went wrong, but the experience didn't mirror what I've read about it here.
Sounds like your surface wasn't well prepped and then you used too much.

Sounds like your surface wasn't well prepped and then you used too much.
Just more trial & error. Definitely not stripping the car back down to the clearcoat so a spray sealant will act right. I'd invest the time if I was applying a coat of Collinite, but not for this. No such issue with Beadmaker.

Market hype - 9
User friendliness - 1

Back