Fuel shortage

And yes, the wind blew enough to exceed hydro’s output. 338 billion kwhrs vs 291 billion kwhrs from the info in posting #84. I too am a fan of hydro ( living in BC) but looks like wind blew hydro away in the USA. Don’t mind the pun. When integrated with a multi sourced energy grid, wind becomes a real deal. I understand wind will be a big part of New York’s future, especially after shutting down the Indian Point Reactor just a few weeks ago. :)
They will certainly need to do something - in the short term they traded nuclear power for natural gas.

Imagine if this attack had been on a large generating station instead of a fuel pipeline.

Big surprise, POSER Hummer owner:

citrus-county-hummer-fire3.jpeg

If I want to fill up a couple of 5 gallon jugs to make sure I can get to work over the next week.... Too **** bad. If that is called hoarding, then sucks to be everyone else.

I haven’t filled my Volt in over a month, I’m a little over half a tank, maybe I should fill?

As for stuffing gas cans in the back just make sure you don’t have a stolen plate evade LEO then explode

I hope the penalties for cyber crimes are made severe enough for these types of scoundrels to think twice.

The Vast majority of cyber crimes and phone fraud come from 4 large office buildings in India, Russia and Eastern Europe

We know exactly who they are and where they are, some kids in their moms basements have already hacked the hackers security systems showing them at work.

They are well funded with legitimate forward facing businesses in the front half of the building.

The penalty for terrorism should be to level said facilities, worldwide all the charity scams, “real” FBI calls, social security scams and other scams would end overnight if we had the nerve to take these guys out since they don’t just bother businesses

Last edited:
I've always thought clandestine execution would be a fitting end for those types of hackers. Not clandestine to the point where their buddies don't know what happened to them so as to deter them, but the rest of the world doesn't need to know these dirtbags are disappearing.

Well, this is interesting:

"“However, a strong caveat should be applied to these developments: it’s likely that these ransomware operators are trying to retreat from the spotlight more than suddenly discovering the error of their ways,” Intel 471 wrote. “A number of the operators will most likely operate in their own closed-knit groups, resurfacing under new names and updated ransomware variants. Additionally, the operators will have to find a new way to ‘wash’ the cryptocurrency they earn from ransoms......"

Yea, I highly doubt they're going anywhere, just trying to deflect the attention.

I've always thought clandestine execution would be a fitting end for those types of hackers. Not clandestine to the point where their buddies don't know what happened to them so as to deter them, but the rest of the world doesn't need to know these dirtbags are disappearing.
Realistically they should get reduction in sentences and become consultants for security firms/FBI/Military under special parole house arrest or specialized housing . They are real experts in breaking security.

Realistically they should get reduction in sentences and become consultants for security firms/FBI/Military under special parole house arrest or specialized housing . They are real experts in breaking security.
the most elite are going to be state sponsored and near impossible to extradite. Israel and Russia are not so subtle when it comes to this.

Instead of coming up with ridiculous branches of military like space force maybe a focus can shift to a new branch to deal with a real threat like foreign hacking.
Why is it ridiculous to devote national assets to surveilling our enemies’ activities in space?

The effort to do this was criticized by certain elements in the news media because of the rather junior-high-ish name, and who came up with it. But dumb names for national bureaucracies have happened before (Department of Homeland Security, anyone?).

But the need for keeping an eye on our most dangerous enemies‘ activities in space and near-space is most certainly legitimate.

This has been suggested for almost 30 years. Remember the "I love you" virus that crippled businesses?
Rewarding crimanal behavior is never the answer. It only supports more crime.

Why post a photoshopped picture?

And actually, ive seen allot of videos of people that pull up to stations that have the pump handles covered and they swipe their card and it actually pumps fine. Or 87 says Out of Order but turns out it works fine.
This. I live in one of the areas that was affected by the pipeline shutdown. The very next day after the pipeline was announced back in full operation, most of the gas stations that were "out" miraculously had all octanes again. Fuel tanker trucks don't move that fast.

Years ago I concluded shortages were all staged. This one was no exception.

This. I live in one of the areas that was affected by the pipeline shutdown. The very next day after the pipeline was announced back in full operation, most of the gas stations that were "out" miraculously had all octanes again. Fuel tanker trucks don't move that fast.

Years ago I concluded shortages were all staged. This one was no exception.
I feel sorry for you if you really believe that. Perception is reality though and people come up with their own narrative to fit the situation.

It's highly unlikely it was staged. No coverage or mention of that. Individual perception may be to notice things that fit the narrative you want and ignore evidence that doesn't. You could have looked at sites like gasbuddy which tracked which stations were out. Not all of them have been restored in Virginia though although the numbers keep going down. Maybe they have in your area though leading you to that conclusion. More like a self fulling prophecy where a shortage was announced and everyone rushed out to fill up making the shortage worse/reality. You saw that in several threads here.

Back