Fuel shortage

Things are getting a little dicey here. We have 4 stations near by and so far one is out of gas, and people are lining up at the other 3.

I get a bit angry waiting for gas in a shortage, or at COSTCO for that matter, when the ten cars in front of me only pump gas for less than a minute. Why were you even there?

They show those HUGH tank farms for Colonial Pipeline...they must still have fuel in those areas that are panicking, no?

People are going absolutely bananas in ATL. The crusty dusty Shell around the corner from me (I only go there for cigs) NEVER has anyone filling up there 1) because it is already pretty expensive compared to the many much nicer stations within 1 mile of it and 2) the station is absolutely disgusting inside and out. Swung through for some cigs just now, pumps were all packed, they were out of premium and mid-grade and the the owner and employee were standing outside looking happy as can be they were selling all their probably VERY old stock.

Fortunately for me my Golf is electric and my other half told me no issue getting diesel today and price had not gone up on diesel yet. We are good for awhile.

Yep, those pesky Russian hackers I suspect are in Langley VA. No worries this is just a little short term dope slap to show us that with all EV cars this wouldn't be an issue. JM2C
Except when the vast majority finally goes to EV, the new cyberattacks will go after the power grid. We've never witnessed mass chaos until they knock out the power grid with mostly EV's in the stable. How many people do you honestly know who can survive just a few days without electricity OR transportation?

People are going absolutely bananas in ATL. The crusty dusty Shell around the corner from me (I only go there for cigs) NEVER has anyone filling up there 1) because it is already pretty expensive compared to the many much nicer stations within 1 mile of it and 2) the station is absolutely disgusting inside and out. Swung through for some cigs just now, pumps were all packed, they were out of premium and mid-grade and the the owner and employee were standing outside looking happy as can be they were selling all their probably VERY old stock.

Fortunately for me my Golf is electric and my other half told me no issue getting diesel today and price had not gone up on diesel yet. We are good for awhile.
just how many times has been proven masses have no common sense and have no basic skills to do simple stuff

smart phones but dumb masses; progress in reverse!

I hope the penalties for cyber crimes are made severe enough for these types of scoundrels to think twice.
Well if they're in Russia, there are no penalties. I suppose you'd have to ban crypto currencies so you can't ask for ransoms.

Hopefully Costco will come through once again. Down to 1/4 tank

Ya. The Costco near me had to re-route traffic through the parking lot and used carts as barriers to keep people from cutting in line. I was happy to see that people were filling up rather than topping off. I was under 1/4 tank myself and have some driving to do this week. Costco for the win!

Back