Fuel Injector Cleaner ?

Top Tier Gas is already treated with approved detergent additives at the correct concentration which adequately clean the fuel system from tank all the way to injectors and also help to prevent carbon build in combustion chamber.

At the refinery where base gas is produced they also add additives like antioxidants and corrosion inhibitors.

I have never used any fuel or injector cleaners. The reason is, how do I know if there's not going to be any adverse chemical reaction with proprietary detergent chemicals already added to gasoline at correct concentration.
Techron is the brand name for the PEA additive in Chevron, Synchron for Mobil, Jectron is what Liquimoly sells on Amazon at $8/ea.
VW put out a TSB awhile back for their own packaged additive- same PEA at $30/bottle to help avoid misfires at higher temp- my guess is enough users dont use Top Tier Gas per owners manual that VW had to address it via TSB.
Most common source for ECLs is "bad gas" on forums.
I now put in a bottle every oil change (or every tank if operating in heavy hot use.)
Stopped persistent ECLs and misfire codes and verified by checking at two different long experienced vw indy tuners.

My $0.02 and YMMV.

Back