Super Tech fuel additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45
Originally Posted By: Vikas
What does the 3M or Redline bottle say as far as the "Contents" are concerned? I am NOT asking about MSDS but the actual printing on the bottle.

If it does NOT say PEA on it, then all bets are off.

- Vikas

Who cares about a printed label, I'm concerned about the chemicals that's IN the bottle. I've never heard anyone say that they don't care about the MSDS, but have more concern with what is printed on the lable. I see that you are not a chemist huh.

The MSDS is just as useless as the label unless the label does list all ingredients. No sane chemist is going to judge a formula based on the MSDS. That is a SAFETY sheet, not a formula/chemistry sheet. MSDS do not contain information regarding chemical makeup that does not affect human safety.

Not only that, MSDS can lag behind the products. However, what is printed on the bottle at least (in theory) will match what is inside the bottle.

When I pick a bottle of mile or vitamin or drink, I can read the content to find out what it has. I don't go to the company's website and try to find "Material Safety Data Sheet" to figure out contents of the bottle.

You do know what MSDS stands for, do you?

- Vikas

Last edited:
Not only that, MSDS can lag behind the products. However, what is printed on the bottle at least (in theory) will match what is inside the bottle.

When I pick a bottle of mile or vitamin or drink, I can read the content to find out what it has. I don't go to the company's website and try to find "Material Safety Data Sheet" to figure out contents of the bottle.

You do know what MSDS stands for, do you?

- Vikas

I know exactly what it stands for and I know the safety aspect of the MSDS, but to compare a toxic non-digestive product to something you actually ingest is comparing apples to oranges. idk...people on here sniff PZB like its an illegal substance so..

Exactly, MSDS is there to tell the emergency responder on how to deal with it if somebody were to accidentally inhale/digest/douched with the said chemical. It does not have to list the actual content of it and besides the update to MSDS happens asynchronously and are not guaranteed to match the different variations of products which are in the market place.

Bottom line is if a product works for you or me(or majority of us) let us make our findings known and we can make our own judgment. Given their record, 3M, Techron, Regane, Redline fuel system cleaners work for many of us.

- Vikas

Gumout (SOPUS) produces a wide array of fuel system/fuel injection cleaners. The cited MSDS http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GSAP_msds_00019384.PDF is for "Gumout High Mileage Fuel System Cleaner", not Regane. For Regane or more precisely "Gumout 2X Regane Complete Fuel System Cleaner", see http://www.epc.shell.com/documentRetrieve.asp?documentId=66448929.

In recent years, Shell and other additive companies have elected not to disclose much information in MSDS documents. The Regane MSDS gives no indication that Regane contains propane.

What does the 3M or Redline bottle say as far as the "Contents" are concerned? I am NOT asking about MSDS but the actual printing on the bottle.

If it does NOT say PEA on it, then all bets are off.

- Vikas

It's not on Redline bottle, but it's HERE

MSDS for Redline Fuel System Cleaner

30 - 50% PolyEther Amine

Originally Posted By: yaris0128
Originally Posted By: hardcore302
If I'm at Walmart, I'll buy one. I always gravitate towards the auto section even though I don't need anything, whilst the wife rolls her eyes.. it's only a buck, I say, lol.

I dont know what it is about that store and the auto section but I MUST go there each time. My visit to WalMart is incomplete without it. Just like I have to look at video games too. I pick up a bottle of their SuperTech injector cleaner pretty often. I got a bottle of Gumout brand injector cleaner because they lowered the price close to ST's and it works great too.

Funny; I have exactly the same problem at Wal Mart. Any trip results in something in the bag from the automotive section.

Must be a male genetic thing.

Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45
Originally Posted By: hisilver
So regane has propane now? what did the propane replace in the formula?

Yes it does. http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GSAP_msds_00019384.PDF One of these Regane threads has the msds that shows propane in it. I don't care what ANYONE says, I will NOT put propane in my gas tank. I'll continue to spend my money on products that shows exactly what I'm putting in my car...3M or redline.

I am not a chemist, but propane has a boiling point of -42.09 °C (-43.762°F), and I don't see how it could stay mixed with the other liquids unless it was bonded to something else. Some MSDS list propane as a propellant in aerosol cans, but they are not part of the cleaning agent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back