Frozen chute handle on snow blower

For whatever reason, the lever that controls the chute rotation on the Ego 2-stage snow blower is frozen. I can manually move the chute with my hands,and the control lever moves. Trying to move the lever otherwise,it's solid. Makes no sense to me so I'm hoping someone could give me some input.

if you can move it by hand and not with the controller, does it need lubed? I applied some WD40 to mine last week to help improve movement.

Just my $0.02

For whatever reason, the lever that controls the chute rotation on the Ego 2-stage snow blower is frozen. I can manually move the chute with my hands,and the control lever moves. Trying to move the lever otherwise,it's solid. Makes no sense to me so I'm hoping someone could give me some input.
Is this Snowblower kept in a Garage, what state do you live in?

if you can move it by hand and not with the controller, does it need lubed? I applied some WD40 to mine last week to help improve movement.

Just my $0.02

I'll try this weekend and see if there's any difference. I've also read a lot of people are getting water in the cable adjusters.

I'll try this weekend and see if there's any difference. I've also read a lot of people are getting water in the cable adjusters.
I live in Eastern Iowa and my cables froze up during that cold snap a couple weeks back. They have since thawed out now.

I'd seriously give some WD-40 a go. WD = water displacement, so it will help if you did have any water or ice get up in a cable. Mine is workign like new again after thawing it out and liberally spraying the cables, controls and the chute pivot points.

Just my $0.02

Did it slip out of out of the notches when turning the handle to the chute ? Slipped out on mine and made it hard to turn . Found video on YouTube and fixed it . Very easy .

Those worm gear drives are pretty cheese on some and loosens easily. Also adjust back tight easily.

Did it slip out of out of the notches when turning the handle to the chute ? Slipped out on mine and made it hard to turn . Found video on YouTube and fixed it . Very easy .

Do you have the YouTube video? If not it's most likely going to be taken care of through the warranty. I'm done wasting time with it at this point.

good vid!! got a similar husqvarna ST324P, just installed a new impeller belt with the help of another vid!! lots of great info on line especially great because Husqvarna DONT supply a good manual with part #'s like my older craftsman!!

Back