Free Property Use To Expand A Bridge

Just tell them you want 50% of what they're playing to rebuild the bridge so you can rebuild your lawn. If the bridge is $1mil than you get 500k. The cost of the bridge including surveying cost, what they pay for materials and labor, etc. Does the bridge even need replaced?
I'd probably just put up no trespassing signs and tell them to get lost if the bridge still works.

Working with the government always causes grief. Just try to make it someone else's greif and not your own.
Actually I'd say discretion is the better part of valor: if you dig in your heels you seem unreasonable and open yourself to eminent domain or similar.

You want to appear willing to play ball, just make it clear it's hard ball.

If it winds up in court you'll do much better as the pleading, victimized citizen than the crazy anti-gubermint loon.

Not saying it's right, just saying play your cards carefully for the best outcome.

There is a house a few miles away that had a township bridge completely on the property of that house but the road curved to follow the creek putting it there. This took a big chunk of the front yard out of the property. The township decided to replace the bridge and the owner had to sue the township to get them to straighten the road out. Took a couple of years but that is what they ended up doing.

I was born and raised in MD and none of this surprises me. I love how they overtax your income, you get a refund check for the that only to have your refund taxed as income! Crazy!

Moving to Texas was the best move I ever made.
This sounds like a county thing, not a state thing. If you knew this county, you would know how different it is from the other 75% of Maryland.

I read through to see if this was in MD. If I'm right and this is a county project, don't give them an ounce.

Just compensation for sure. And just compensation at 2024 rates with plenty of CYA.

This sounds like a county thing, not a state thing. If you knew this county, you would know how different it is from the other 75% of Maryland.

I read through to see if this was in MD. If I'm right and this is a county project, don't give them an ounce.

Just compensation for sure. And just compensation at 2024 rates with plenty of CYA.
1000002325.jpg

I am sure it is a county thing. I was just adding the part about the state tax as an additional MD oddity. I lived in Baltimore County.

All this speculation... get a lawyer for best advice!

Yeah. We can't give legal advice here. But certainly from a layman's point of view of "takings", even scheduled temporary use for a public purpose is supposed to be compensated. If it goes to court, a court will determine what just compensation will be.

But yeah. Get a lawyer. At least a short (possibly free) consultation.

That has occurred to me. At this point I am going to wait 5 days and see what happens.
I wouldn’t. I would can’t traceable, durable communication established. They have proof of delivery and a timeline set. Like it or not. You at least need to set your own intention.

I don't know your state laws but eminant domain rights should be nationwide. I would contact a property rights attorney and make them lease it from you for atleast your crop value and restore the land to its present condition. That **** would never fly in FL. You need a lease or someothng inplace just incase one of the city workers gets hurt on their job and then wants to come after you.

TH

The solar company could act in less than 30 days. They are offering $3000 a usable acre lease over 40 years but that is negotiable. I figure 23-24 acres are usable

I haven't got the cash offer yet. I like both ideas as I have another house project to do.

So many hassles over this land that I'm ready to let it go.

The solar company could act in less than 30 days. They are offering $3000 a usable acre lease over 40 years but that is negotiable. I figure 23-24 acres are usable

I haven't got the cash offer yet. I like both ideas as I have another house project to do.

Might be the plan......

Is the rate indexed to inflation.

At the current money printing, in 10 years $3000 might buy you a coffee at QT.

Back