Free lifetime oil change. FCP Euro.

They hit the jackpot with quality parts and streamlining part inventory. Not many options, but it works as they mostly offer OEM or OE parts, so people don't need to think about what works or not.
This. Great customer service. Great parts selection/ease of finding what works. Great warranty/LRG. Hard to go wrong. I will say though that the recent change to store credit has a lot of avid FCP users fired up. I actually emailed their CEO and had a few back/forths discussing it...a lot of respect for that.

As of 11/01/2022, FCP will implement some minor changes to it's Lifetime Replacement policy:

These updates will be going into effect on 11/01/2022:​

• All Lifetime Replacement Guarantee refunds will be issued as store credit
  • On orders placed before 11/01/2022, the original Lifetime Replacement Guarantee policy will still be in effect. Those returns will default to credit but can be converted to cash refunds on request boing up, y emailing [email protected]
  • Refunds will be for the price of the original part purchased
    • Example 1: You purchased brake pads for $50.00 in 2020. Those same brake pads now cost $55.00. You will be credited $50 at the time of completion.
    • Example 2: You purchased an oil change kit for $60.00 in 2020. That same oil change kit now costs $48.00. You will be credited $60 at the time of completion.
The biggest change is the replacement/refund price which addresses differences over time. Still, even with prices going up, FCP's replacement deal is pretty good. Doing credit as opposed to sending a refund just cuts out a lot of administrative cost and streamlines the process for parts you are going to get anyway. And the loss of PP's free return shipping? UPS and Pirate Ship are my go to. Wait til you have a few things to go back and consolidate. Easy peasy.

I'm a little bit confused about the new policy.

I ordered shock absorbers a few years ago for $500.

If I order replacement parts now, can I still email them to ask for a cash refund since the original order was before 11/01/2022?

Or does the cash replacement only apply to replacement orders made before 11/01/2022?

I'm a little bit confused about the new policy.

I ordered shock absorbers a few years ago for $500.

If I order replacement parts now, can I still email them to ask for a cash refund since the original order was before 11/01/2022?

Or does the cash replacement only apply to replacement orders made before 11/01/2022?
Old policy applies to purchases prior to 11/1/22.

When you buy new shocks and those wear out it'll be a store credit.

I have received store credits after last return a week ago based on emails from FCP.
But where on the website I can see how much credit do I have?
I got few store credit transactions from my different previous purchases, and I cannot find them on the website

Theirs website is pretty rudimental

I have received store credits after last return a week ago based on emails from FCP.
But where on the website I can see how much credit do I have?
I got few store credit transactions from my different previous purchases, and I cannot find them on the website

Theirs website is pretty rudimental
Click "my account" on the top right hand corner, then "view account"

the balance will be highlighted in blue next to the "WELCOME"

Click "my account" on the top right hand corner, then "view account"

the balance will be highlighted in blue next to the "WELCOME"
Oh, thanks a bunch
I bet a 9-10 days ago when I checked it wasn’t there, might be new feature they added or just my mistake

I gotta say the packaging has really taken a nose dive lately for my orders in the last 6 mos. No more heavy duty plastic bag for the oil change kits. Parts look tossed in the box. Cans of additive dented. I plan on reaching out to their customer service this week to give them some feedback.

I gotta say the packaging has really taken a nose dive lately for my orders in the last 6 mos. No more heavy duty plastic bag for the oil change kits. Parts look tossed in the box. Cans of additive dented. I plan on reaching out to their customer service this week to give them some feedback.
I agree. Past couple of orders had everything loose and no packing material.

I noticed they're stocking a lot more aftermarket parts. They're even calling REIN as an OE supplier which I don't think is correct and some of their OE parts are made in China. Sad days at FCP Euro.

Just got some parts for the XC-90 project.

Well packed. A box that was much larger than it needed to be. With lots of brown paper holding everything securely.

I’ve ordered a lot of parts through FCP Euro. Two Mercedes. Four (now five) Volvos. A lot of parts.

There were a few times when I was unhappy with packaging or shipping. But in the last year, with several thousand dollars in parts, as I’ve been redoing two Volvos, everything has been good.

I've had multiple issues with damaged shipments from FCP but they always went above and beyond when it came to making it right.

Don't quote me on this but I think they pay a 3rd party for shipping insurance so in their minds, it's "cheaper and more efficient" to not care too much about packaging.

I noticed they're stocking a lot more aftermarket parts. They're even calling REIN as an OE supplier which I don't think is correct and some of their OE parts are made in China. Sad days at FCP Euro.

Rein seems like a re-seller brand, kind of like Victor Reinz or Beck/Arnley - they roll up into CRP, the US importer for Pentosin products.

In general their parts are good quality, and they have various sources.

E.g. their lug bolts, gaskets, sump plugs, etc. are the same German OEM as the BMW original, their jack pads come from a Turkish plastic company, etc.

I've had multiple issues with damaged shipments from FCP but they always went above and beyond when it came to making it right.

Don't quote me on this but I think they pay a 3rd party for shipping insurance so in their minds, it's "cheaper and more efficient" to not care too much about packaging.
Oh for sure - their CS is very good but I just shot them an email about the noteable change in their packing.

Sorry for this basic question, but sometimes BITOG uses too many abbreviations (No pun intended). What does FCP stand for?
Also, without owning a European car, is it possible to take advantage of

Free lifetime oil change. FCP Euro.​

How does the free lifetime oil change work. Is it at mechanic's shop in person or is it just to purchase the oil online?

Sorry for this basic question, but sometimes BITOG uses too many abbreviations (No pun intended). What does FCP stand for?
Also, without owning a European car, is it possible to take advantage of

Free lifetime oil change. FCP Euro.​

How does the free lifetime oil change work. Is it at mechanic's shop in person or is it just to purchase the oil online?
Firstly - have you read through this thread? I've posted a youtube video from my channel (if you watch, please like/sub!) that explains how this works.

FCP - FCP Euro, the name of the company. www.fcpeuro.com

I mean, if they have parts/oil that you use, sure, you can take advantage but that may not be the case..not sure what you are looking for. See above website.

It's pretty simple - buy something. Use it. Buy a repalcement. Return the first one. Get store credit to use for your next parts. You cover return shipping. Yes, it really is for EVERYTHING (except things you use up/can't return like for instance fuel additives).

Firstly - have you read through this thread? I've posted a youtube video from my channel (if you watch, please like/sub!) that explains how this works.

FCP - FCP Euro, the name of the company. www.fcpeuro.com

I mean, if they have parts/oil that you use, sure, you can take advantage but that may not be the case..not sure what you are looking for. See above website.

It's pretty simple - buy something. Use it. Buy a repalcement. Return the first one. Get store credit to use for your next parts. You cover return shipping. Yes, it really is for EVERYTHING (except things you use up/can't return like for instance fuel additives).
Can you repeat that again please. :rolleyes::giggle:

Oh for sure - their CS is very good but I just shot them an email about the noteable change in their packing.
Thanks TiGeo for the good explanation. It would work out good for things like windshield wipers, pcv valves, or anything that you would buy periodically. What method of shipping is typically the cheapest to send the parts back to them for those light weight kind of items?

Thanks TiGeo for the good explanation. It would work out good for things like windshield wipers, pcv valves, or anything that you would buy periodically. What method of shipping is typically the cheapest to send the parts back to them for those light weight kind of items?
Yes, I use it extensively for my 3 VWs and I've spent about $4K or so over the last 4 years with FCP on things I can/would return using this policy and gotten about half of it back in refunds/store credit so not bad....$4K worth of stuff for $2K. Wipers. Cabin filters. Oil change kits. You name it. I bundle my returns and use pirateship.com to return ship so pretty economical.

Back