Free lifetime oil change. FCP Euro.

The key to this is to pay with paypal and use their return shipping reimbursment program where you can get up to $30 per return in shipping reimbursed upto 12 times in a year.
A day or so back, I received a notice from PayPal saying that they were discontinuing the practice. Below is taken from a website that noted the policy change.

PayPal "Return Shipping on Us" program to end November 27, 2022

Sadly today marks the beginning of the end for PayPal's "Return Shipping on Us" program that saved customers an incredible amount of money and made online transactions more convenient, and environmentally damaging at the same time. For fans of FCP Euro's Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, this means that the virtually free oil change days are numbered, and perhaps now is a good time to change that oil while PayPal is still willing to foot the return shipping cost.

A day or so back, I received a notice from PayPal saying that they were discontinuing the practice. Below is taken from a website that noted the policy change.

PayPal "Return Shipping on Us" program to end November 27, 2022

Sadly today marks the beginning of the end for PayPal's "Return Shipping on Us" program that saved customers an incredible amount of money and made online transactions more convenient, and environmentally damaging at the same time. For fans of FCP Euro's Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, this means that the virtually free oil change days are numbered, and perhaps now is a good time to change that oil while PayPal is still willing to foot the return shipping cost.
What website is that from?

What website is that from?

And as noted, I received an email notification directly from PayPal.

Why is Return Shipping on Us going away?

At PayPal, we’re constantly updating and developing new features for our customers. Sometimes certain services need to be phased out as a part of these bigger changes.

We understand Return Shipping on Us will be missed. But remember we offer more ways to help you as a shopper, like Purchase Protection –
here’s more info about it and what it covers.

Last edited:

And as noted, I received an email notification directly from PayPal.

Why is Return Shipping on Us going away?

At PayPal, we’re constantly updating and developing new features for our customers. Sometimes certain services need to be phased out as a part of these bigger changes.

We understand Return Shipping on Us will be missed. But remember we offer more ways to help you as a shopper, like Purchase Protection –
here’s more info about it and what it covers.
Yes I know about the email from PayPal - that's why we are discussing this, it was posted a page or so ago. I received the same. The bit about FCP you posted was what I was getting at/interesting to me...appreciate the link. Even with the shipping, it's the best oil deal going aside from the pricing errors some jump on at Walmart. I've spent about $3K at FCP over the last few years with my 3 VWs for all the consumable and maintenance items and gotten back nearly $2K of it though their Lifetime replacement and the free return shipping has helped out. Love FCP.

Yes I know about the email from PayPal - that's why we are discussing this,
I don't follow this thread, so I didn't know that the matter came up. When I got the info, I thought the folks here might be interested.

ATTENTION: SHIPPING WILL BE REIMBURSED AT IF YOU SHIP YOUR FCP USED OIL/PARTS TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS .

A $50 GIFT CARD WILL BE PROVIDED IF YOU SHIP ALL YOUR PRODUCTS IN THE NEXT 48 HOURS.
Great didn't see my info there. I'll ask the mods to let me edit it.

Wait, it's not a generic picture you used??? Oops. My bad.
No, it had my name/address on it - really I guess who cares but I'm old-school on forums and prefer the aninimity. I just forgot to strike it out. All good, it's gone and doesn't matter now anyway.

So I have until 11/27 to send my oil back to FCP on PayPal’s dime. How do I start the process?
Also in terms of the FCP return Deal, must I buy the exact same oil or can I switch it up?

, must I buy the exact same oil or can I switch it up?
1667186285595.jpg

As of 11/01/2022, FCP will implement some minor changes to it's Lifetime Replacement policy:

These updates will be going into effect on 11/01/2022:​

• All Lifetime Replacement Guarantee refunds will be issued as store credit
  • On orders placed before 11/01/2022, the original Lifetime Replacement Guarantee policy will still be in effect. Those returns will default to credit but can be converted to cash refunds on request boing up, y emailing [email protected]
  • Refunds will be for the price of the original part purchased
    • Example 1: You purchased brake pads for $50.00 in 2020. Those same brake pads now cost $55.00. You will be credited $50 at the time of completion.
    • Example 2: You purchased an oil change kit for $60.00 in 2020. That same oil change kit now costs $48.00. You will be credited $60 at the time of completion.
The biggest change is the replacement/refund price which addresses differences over time. Still, even with prices going up, FCP's replacement deal is pretty good. Doing credit as opposed to sending a refund just cuts out a lot of administrative cost and streamlines the process for parts you are going to get anyway. And the loss of PP's free return shipping? UPS and Pirate Ship are my go to. Wait til you have a few things to go back and consolidate. Easy peasy.

So I have until 11/27 to send my oil back to FCP on PayPal’s dime. How do I start the process?
Also in terms of the FCP return Deal, must I buy the exact same oil or can I switch it up?
The PayPal how-to is outlined in this thread. Google "PayPal free return shipping" and you'll find it.

You can buy a different oil as long as it costs the same or more than the original so i.e. have/returning LM Leichtlauf High Tech and buying Molygen will be ok.

Last edited:
As of 11/01/2022, FCP will implement some minor changes to it's Lifetime Replacement policy:

These updates will be going into effect on 11/01/2022:​

• All Lifetime Replacement Guarantee refunds will be issued as store credit
  • On orders placed before 11/01/2022, the original Lifetime Replacement Guarantee policy will still be in effect. Those returns will default to credit but can be converted to cash refunds on request boing up, y emailing [email protected]
  • Refunds will be for the price of the original part purchased
    • Example 1: You purchased brake pads for $50.00 in 2020. Those same brake pads now cost $55.00. You will be credited $50 at the time of completion.
    • Example 2: You purchased an oil change kit for $60.00 in 2020. That same oil change kit now costs $48.00. You will be credited $60 at the time of completion.
The biggest change is the replacement/refund price which addresses differences over time. Still, even with prices going up, FCP's replacement deal is pretty good. Doing credit as opposed to sending a refund just cuts out a lot of administrative cost and streamlines the process for parts you are going to get anyway. And the loss of PP's free return shipping? UPS and Pirate Ship are my go to. Wait til you have a few things to go back and consolidate. Easy peasy.
I won't be surprised that at some point the LRG will not be available on consumables but for now this works for me as a few hundred in store credit goes quickly with 3 VWs. I figured it that I have spent $4K over the last few years on my 3 VWs from FCP with $1.5K refunded.

If you use Paypal to purchase the kits, you can get a refund for your shipping (up to $30, and up to 12x a year). So that makes the kits 100% free after you purchase the first one. It's hard to argue with that math. If you don't like LM and want to use XYZ, then of course this doesn't really matter. They do sell other oil brands if LM isn't your thing/want to use something else. This is what I do for my 3x VWs for oil, wipers, cabin filters, etc. etc. Easiest to combine your return shipping in the box but not to get too heavy as to exceed the $30 limit on return shipping refunds.
starting November 7 PayPal is no longer doing the return shipping reimbursement, also FCP Euro on November 1 started a new lifetime replacement guarantee, basically you don’t get your money back on your original form of payment if you buy anything after November 1, you actually get store credit.

starting November 7 PayPal is no longer doing the return shipping reimbursement, also FCP Euro on November 1 started a new lifetime replacement guarantee, basically you don’t get your money back on your original form of payment if you buy anything after November 1, you actually get store credit.
Yes these have both been covered above.

I won't be surprised that at some point the LRG will not be available on consumables but for now this works for me as a few hundred in store credit goes quickly with 3 VWs. I figured it that I have spent $4K over the last few years on my 3 VWs from FCP with $1.5K refunded.
I will not be surprised the if LRG is adjusted either.

However, their business is growing rapidly. A lease was signed for 150,000 sf in Phoenix. The Customer Center in Milford CT averages 700-800 visits a week. LRG is still a small fraction of revenue.

The employees are the most helpful, happy bunch I’ve seen anywhere.

However, their business is growing rapidly. A lease was signed for 150,000 sf in Phoenix. The Customer Center in Milford CT averages 700-800 visits a week. LRG is still a small fraction of revenue.

Ya They have to be making a ton of $$ with all the racing they've been doing. T

They hit the jackpot with quality parts and streamlining part inventory. Not many options, but it works as they mostly offer OEM or OE parts, so people don't need to think about what works or not.

Back