fraud at the quickie lube today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today my mom asked me to take her car to the local GM dealer which has a quick lube attached to it. She goes here all the time and is relatively happy. It's a '02 Grand Prix and they use AC filters and the Goodwrench oil so it's using decent items. However, one of their grease monkeys showed me a handful of grease and told me she had a bad CV boot. I told them I'd look into it and once I got home and I jacked the car up. All of the boots were intact and there was no evidence of grease on any of them. I think that is a shame because until this point we had never had a reason to complain about this particular place.

Ben: Be thankful that they didn't cut the boot
inorder to drum up business. This happened to a friend of mine a few years ago. Still, I would stop using that shop and let all of my friends and neighbors know why.

Call GM's Customer Service Line! THe number is in the owners manual some place. COmplain to them about this! The dealer does not need this type of negative feed back and that will do more then talking to a service writer or manager on site. When the owner of the dealership gets this call from GM customer service he will look into it!

I agree JB, but I believe a proper sequence of events needs to occur. Going straight to the "top" is the proper sequence although it probably will need to happen.

A lot of shops pay the mechanics a commission on all extra parts and services they can sell. I would hope the GM dealer would not be like that but you never know.

When you go to the doctor you will likely leave sicker than you were when you got there.
wink.gif

States vary as to enforcement.

I live in Nebraska where the consumer has little to no power and the entrenched bureaucracies stick up for business. One of the reasons there is a steady flow of shady fly-by-night out-of-state firms entering Nebraska to perform various house repairs then leaving with the money and shoddy or uncompleted work left behind. The scam artists know Nebraska is a state where they have little to fear.

However, some states actively pursue scammers. Perhaps your state has a consumer affairs agency, attorney general, or whatever that would love to hear about the event.

I remember how California, despite its many faults, pursued some of the most flagrant auto repair scammers and levied criminal and civil penalties.

I would get ahold of the owner and try to make him put together a meeting between him, you and the tech.

If that doesn't work loosen the oilpan bolt and drive around until the oil drains out and the engine siezes.
grin.gif
Okay, maybe not. hehehe, that tech would be in big trouble if you did...

Cheers, Steve

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:
Call GM's Customer Service Line! THe number is in the owners manual some place. COmplain to them about this! The dealer does not need this type of negative feed back and that will do more then talking to a service writer or manager on site. When the owner of the dealership gets this call from GM customer service he will look into it!

That's the best approach. He doesn't know if it was a misbehaving tech, a greedy quick lube operator, or dealership policy.

It's ultimately the dealerhip owners responsibility if they are sending their customers cars to the quick lube, whether he knows it's happening or not.

When I used to go to quick lubes and such, I always had the person show me when something wasn't right.. Of course, some of these places with lower bays, I guess thats not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back