Fram Ultra Synthetic XG6607 (brand new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a spare XG6607 which I was not going to use because I decided to go with a longer version on a VQ37VHR engine it was intended for. It is definitely a very well made filter.

DnBTxpH.jpg

D16EN2I.jpg

5U7U3Lj.jpg

Sl7UuGC.jpg

Men97S3.jpg

qBzkwZf.jpg

LJjkvTQ.jpg

PocxOPF.jpg

oAFiayZ.jpg

VKWMrLL.jpg

vaspT2b.jpg

2K0OuX0.jpg

ns8Bn1E.jpg

Thanks for the cut and post.

Wow what a tiny filter! I can't believe they seriously use something that small in a car. Looks too small even for a motorcycle or lawn mower!

Just use the 7317 instead.

Thanks for cutting and posting. Well done!

The 7317 is almost always a perfect replacement.

This filter fits my Subie and I have posted one cut open after use. Looked perfect. These Ultras are just amazing with such high efficiency, capacity while also having a very low delta p at high flow. (4psi @ 10gpm @ 180 deg and 30w oil). With a bypass setting of 13psi the possible flow rate is amazingly high. This info was provided to me by MK.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Thanks for the cut and post.

Wow what a tiny filter! I can't believe they seriously use something that small in a car. Looks too small even for a motorcycle or lawn mower!

Just use the 7317 instead.

+1

Same filter on my car. And geez Louise it is small. I wonder if the location of your filter on the 3.7 VQ is the same as the 3.5 ? Right side right near tire ? If so I wonder if it has more clearance than what I seem to have?

Notice how much adhesive is used to pot the media in the thick end caps, that's how you get a good seal so you don't have issues with oil getting past the media.

My guess is that the engine must produce low amounts of contamination to warrant such a small filter. .

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Notice how much adhesive is used to pot the media in the thick end caps, that's how you get a good seal so you don't have issues with oil getting past the media.

My guess is that the engine must produce low amounts of contamination to warrant such a small filter. .

I got a DI engine and I don't think so.

Good looking filter.

I've been using the Bosch Distance Plus 3300 in my 6607 application.

Very pleased with that filter too.

A premium filter, no matter the brand, would be advisable with so little media area.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Same filter on my car. And geez Louise it is small. I wonder if the location of your filter on the 3.7 VQ is the same as the 3.5 ? Right side right near tire ? If so I wonder if it has more clearance than what I seem to have?

Same here, - right side of the engine. There is plenty of room to run a filter at least 6" tall. Therefore, XG7317, PL14610, D3323 etc. fit with absolutely no issue or difficulty in installation for that matter.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

No cost, weight, and space saving involved, right?

Question, why the gloves when there is no oil?
grin.gif

The new civic is getting the Ultra for two OCI's. Going to follow Honda's schedule.

Originally Posted By: webfors
Question, why the gloves when there is no oil?
grin.gif

The new civic is getting the Ultra for two OCI's. Going to follow Honda's schedule.

Gives me confidence when working around the garage
grin.gif
. I feel like I can grab anything without thinking twice.

But no, seriously, like robo339 had mentioned there are a lot to sharp edges. Especially those top and bottom metal plates were pita to remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back