Fram Ultra 7317 10k/2 OCI on 2014 Odyssey

JHZR2

Staff member
Fram ultra. Looks good. Got an endurance or whatever the new one is.

IMG_5055.jpeg
IMG_5056.jpeg
IMG_5057.jpeg
IMG_5058.jpeg
IMG_5059.jpeg
IMG_5060.jpeg

I am guessing this is the new Style Ultra, meaning non Wire Backed? If that is the case, this looks good for a 10,000 mile run. Good Luck with the Endurance!

Yes, more pleats and the pleats are thinner and closer spaced together ... signs that it's not the wire backed OG Ultra.
Your thoughts on what you see here, is this Oil Filter only a 10K filter with 2 5000 mile OCI's? What I mean is new Oil and New oil filter, then at 5000 miles, change the oil and leave the oil filter on. I know I am asking a question that I will be giving an answer to, but I think 15K on this oil filter is pushing it.

Your thoughts on what you see here, is this Oil Filter only a 10K filter with 2 5000 mile OCI's? What I mean is new Oil and New oil filter, then at 5000 miles, change the oil and leave the oil filter on. I know I am asking a question that I will be giving an answer to, but I think 15K on this oil filter is pushing it.
Fram still rates the non-wire backed Ultra at "up to 20K miles". If the engine is pretty clean, I think it's up to the task. The increased media area helps increase the holding capacity, and is most likely why the new Ultra still retains all the performance specs of the OG Ultra. Running a new non-wire backed Ultra to 15K in a pretty clean engine should be fine if it's rated for up to 20K.

OP, you went with FE7317 going forward ?
i went with what appeared to be equivalent cost wise. I read a few threads on the new filters.

I’m not sure we need something massively spectacular. My anxiety isn’t that bad.

Is this the newer FRAM Ultra without the metal mesh ? Thanks for all the posts of cut open oil filters .

Last edited:
Back