Fram Titanium

Went by AAP and was able to take some photos of the newly released fram filters. Thoughts?

CD2AF10B-E7D1-430E-A7A1-442C52B05E9D.jpeg

82D358A5-99F1-433A-8AC3-D507435F5F4C.jpeg

EBA2890A-615B-47B1-A5BB-F16A8D4481DF.jpeg

C0D9317E-2774-4C08-945B-55EA69955A87.jpeg

0D0668F2-F257-4949-8E7C-029AB9B19219.jpeg

C542AF2F-1C2C-4FE3-8EBC-56A9D9C5FFC9.jpeg

They put everything on the box but the micron rating. I would sure like it if the manufactures would start including that on all their filters but particularly their High Flow premium ones.

Never mind I just looked again and saw it, sorry.

Last edited:
Yeah looks just fine... Hopefully it and the Force will be part of AAP oil deals... Which would make the combination of both a ok deal...

If this is actually a Fram product, they need to fix the words on the box. No efficiency rating, two ply synthetic blend with screen?, and PH filters used as references. This isn't a PH filter. Motor king did say they fired all the old staff like him who had the experience. Very strange filter IMO.

As far as I have heard, no. Just seems like a new marketing idea.
Originally Posted by OilReport99
Are these replacing the current models?

You do have to realize that this is a parts house pricing, and suppose to go head to head with Mobil 1 filters that AAP brought back as well. So keeping that in mind $15 sounds about right, but I wouldn't pay that out right for a filter.
Originally Posted by kstanf150
For $15 bucks 🤔

No thanks !

Originally Posted by TrainingPolicy
You do have to realize that this is a parts house pricing, and suppose to go head to head with Mobil 1 filters that AAP brought back as well. So keeping that in mind $15 sounds about right, but I wouldn't pay that out right for a filter.
For $15 bucks 🤔

No thanks !

Do you realize

What you said makes no sense

Nobody in there right mind is gona pay $15 bucks for filter at Advance Auto when they can buy a real Fram XG at Walmart for $9 dollars or a Mobil 1 for $11
Wake up !!!

For $15 bucks 🤔

No thanks !

Do you realize

Nobody in there right mind is gona pay $15 bucks for filter at Advance Auto when they can buy a real Fram XG at Walmart for $9 dollars or a Mobil 1 for $11
Wake up !!!

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by samven
They put everything on the box but the micron rating. I would sure like it if the manufactures would start including that on all their filters but particularly their High Flow premium ones.

Never mind I just looked again and saw it, sorry.

However, I don't see the efficiency % on the box.

What's the "PowerFlow Technology" on the inlet holes? ...
lol.gif
If you use the Fram Titanium and a tornado intake tube gadget, then you gain 5 HP instead of 3 HP?
laugh.gif

For $15 bucks 🤔

No thanks !

Do you realize

Wake up !!!

If AAP combos this filter Fram Titanium say with Mobil 1 EP for 35.99 ... That actually is cheaper than Walmart... $11 Mobil 1 oil filter and Mobil 1 EP for $28... Or if Mobil 1 EP is on sale for $25.58.... then the price is equal between the two...

Right now AAP has a Mobil 1 oil filter and Mobil 1 EP deal for $35.99 right now. That actually is not too bad.

After my wholesale discount I can get three napa platinums for almost the same money. I squeezed the AAP Titanium and in the 7317 it fells like a PH7317 with a gritty coating on the shell. Wasnt too impressed.

Originally Posted by Marco620
After my wholesale discount I can get three napa platinums for almost the same money. I squeezed the AAP Titanium and in the 7317 it fells like a PH7317 with a gritty coating on the shell. Wasnt too impressed.

Hmm the "squeeze test" for oil filters. That's a new one.

Originally Posted by kschachn

Remember "Don't squeeze the Charmin" commercials back years and years ago...

lol.gif

The Fram website says it has the same filtering efficiency as the Ultra. So it's a great filter. I like the grippy coating on the whole thing.

Originally Posted by kschachn

Might a well throw in a "blow test" while you're at it, lol.

Originally Posted by bbhero
For $15 bucks 🤔

No thanks !

Do you realize

Wake up !!!

If AAP combos this filter Fram Titanium say with Mobil 1 EP for 35.99 ... That actually is cheaper than Walmart... $11 Mobil 1 oil filter and Mobil 1 EP for $28... Or if Mobil 1 EP is on sale for $25.58.... then the price is equal between the two...

Right now AAP has a Mobil 1 oil filter and Mobil 1 EP deal for $35.99 right now. That actually is not too bad.

That's an IF

We're talking about filter price vs filter price

$15 bucks vs $9 bucks

Which one you gona buy from ?

Back