Here's some of Frank's images:

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

And one final comment and then I'll shut up. The way I see it the adbv and the relief valve seal up against the metal center tube not the endcaps. This from my inspection both visual and by feel.

I'd just like to add that that ADBV with the ring was probably a Fram PH6811, which is the standard filter for the Accord/Integra. It was also the same size as the Honda OEM although not exactly the same. Both were made in Canada. That valve was orange and attached to a ring.

I've got an old (at least 9 yrs) Fram PH3593A that I cut open. I don't believe their basic construction has changed although the media might have. There's a metal ring on the baseplate that seals against the bottom of the media. By design, it looks like the ring seals against the cardboard and center tube. The center tube has maybe a 1 mm gap at the crimp. I believe it relies on the cardboard to form a gasket; there's an impression where the ring seats on the cardboard. The ADBV is conical and lathe cut. The outside edge is rough and have some sort of colored streaks similar to those on gaskets.

I've also got an AC PF-1127 (Champion) open with all the parts. The gasket was molded. The media was wavy like you'd see in some air filters to keep the pleats spaced. What most impressed me was that any possible leakage path was sealed by rubber on metal, while the Fram was metal on cardboard. Even the bypass hole was sealed with a rubber sheet. This is what has sold me on Champ filters when I didn't get OEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back