Found a Reason to Stop Using 15w-40!

A friend of mine who is paying me to clean out and organize his shop gave me these. Guess I'll be running 10W30 in my cars for a year!

Attachments

• IMG_20230714_094932479.jpg
    IMG_20230714_094932479.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 105
Seems like all my old man used when I was growing up was Kendall GT1. Used to get cases of it cheap with rebate from Valu Home Centers.

Seems like all my old man used when I was growing up was Kendall GT1. Used to get cases of it cheap with rebate from Valu Home Centers.
Oh, I'll be getting a case of SAE 50 GT-1(not sure who would run anything that uses 50 weight!) and 2 cases of 20W-50 GT1 plus a bunch of other oils!

Oh, I'll be getting a case of SAE 50 GT-1(not sure who would run anything that uses 50 weight!) and 2 cases of 20W-50 GT1 plus a bunch of other oils!
Some 50wt and 20w-50 wouldn’t be bad for some
Older hot BBC or BBF hot rods.

I remember the two fingers being shown as Kendall being the
TWO Thousand Mile Oil. I also recall oil changes being done every one thousand miles. Now you know I'm an old guy. I still do my oil and filter changes.

Didn't they always say on here that Kendall was similar to Motorcraft? Made by the same company at least?

Didn't they always say on here that Kendall was similar to Motorcraft? Made by the same company at least?
Phillips Petroleum bought the rights to the Kendall brand sometime around 2000 and also has historically made Motorcraft brand oils, too, so you are correct that they are made by the same company.

Back