Ford outlives Chevrolet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Must be all the pushing...
lol.gif

Old Henry had a real mean streak in him.....people like that live longer it seems.That being said,I prefer old Ford trucks vs equivalent GMs...just saying.

Henry lived 21 years longer than Louis.
Unlike Mr. Ford, Mr. Chevrolet was always up late at night designing quality, innovative automobiles. Must have affected his health.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Louis Chevrolet probably drank too much French Bubbly and passed over from a bad liver. Ed

Probably so....every time Henry made a bad move, Louis would celebrate with a toast of that French Bubbly! I bet he had it shipped in by the box car!

This helps explain why my Ford's keep running decade after decade. I have to give them away to justify the purchase of new ones. My oldest one, a '98 F150 is nearing 360K miles.

Heh heh Louis Chevrolet was a racing car driver. He sold his name to Durant or Leland of GM. Sorta like Carlo Rossi and Gallo
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: BalticBob
Henry lived 21 years longer than Louis.
Unlike Mr. Ford, Mr. Chevrolet was always up late at night designing quality, innovative automobiles. Must have affected his health.

crackmeup2.gif
Thanks I needed that.

Never understood the whole Chevy vs Ford thing. I nowadays prefer the F150's but was still impressed with a Silverado I rented minus the cheap interior. Id be happy with either
smile.gif

We toured the automotive hall of fame up in Dearborn last month. Pretty interesting on how it's all strung together.

As much as I like Ford Motor Company, he (Henry) is given credit where none is due really. The assembly line for example. He had actually nothing to do with the idea.

I really dislike how he treated his son Edsel, but that's another story. There may also be more to the story. Who knows.

Ford ordered his model T axles shipped in very particularly designed crates. He busted those open and used the boards as-is for floor boards. We're lucky he was into cars but whatever process he improved he would have excelled at.

If he were alive today he'd be running Ford-Mart, FordUPS, or Fordazon.com.

Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger
Originally Posted By: Wurlitzer
Cracked Heads, Every Valve Rattles, Oil Leaks, Engine Ticks

That is exactly why I bought a GMC.

IMO, trading one set of problems for another... Water pump failures, oil consumption, check engine light always on. Every manufacturer has their woes with certain product lines.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back