ford or chevy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General Motors is a poorly run company that should have been bankrupt and still paid the leaving CEO his 25 million parachute. Why would you give them your money.

I wont touch another ford even if it was given to me.

Problem trucks that we have purchased new.

1987 E-250 van

1993 F-150

1988 Bronco

1995 Bronco

1997 Expedition

2002 Expedition

Every single one of these has been a nightmare. Our GM trucks make more power and have way fewer problems. We are frinds with 2 guys that own a sheet metal shop. They are hard core ford guys to the bone. They have seen all the problems there customers have had with ford trucks. Every single one of there customers have switched over to GM trucks over the last 8 years and every single one of them is happy with that decision. Even our hard core ford friends told us one day recently that if they were to buy a new truck it would be a GM truck.

This will be my only post on this subject. I know others have had better luck but we, our friends and family members have had no luck at all with ford trucks. This is not intended to start a brand war. This has been our experience. The 2002 expedition sitting in our driveway will be the last ford we ever own.

They obviously aren't that hardcore then
wink.gif

Seriously though, we've been down this road (you and I on this discussion). I swear you have some sort of Ford curse
wink.gif

Ford products we've had luck with:

Model A
9N
2x50's T-bird's
60's Continental
62 Fairlane
65 T-Bird
65 Mustang
67 T-Bird w/427SOHC
69 T-Bird
72 T-Bird
75 Continental
78 Pinto
80 F-150
82 F-150
85 F-150
87 Mustang GT
88 F-250
89 Town Car
97 Explorer
98 Expedition
2000 Expedition
2002 Expedition
2003 Town Car

Not to mention the Ford Y-blocks we ran in a few of our boats and I'm sure that list is incomplete and that I've forgot a few.

I've had great experiences with:

1995 Ford Thunderbird
1999 Ford Mustang GT
2001 Ford 150 SuperCrew
2002 Ford F250 SuperCrew 4x4 PSD
2005 Ford Freestyle

And once again, I don't see how sheetmetal guys could stand GM trucks after seeing the shockingly flimsy sheet metal they used on their 98-06 body style trucks.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I'm glad I'm friends with OVERK1LL!
27.gif

That's because you're both from Canada, think a like and wish you were Americans
34.gif
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rudolphna
You want a weak rear axle? Get a Dana 35. THOSE are weak. Or an AMC 20.

Right on! My CJ7 Model 20 axle pukes and was replaced with a solid Dana 44.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
General Motors is a poorly run company that should have been bankrupt and still paid the leaving CEO his 25 million parachute. Why would you give them your money.

Do you work for GM management? How do you know how they are run? Maybe they were run poorly in the past, but I think it is highly probable that things have taken a turn for the better.

Do you work for GM management? How do you know how they are run? Maybe they were run poorly in the past, but I think it is highly probable that things have taken a turn for the better.

Things ARE better now and the general public doesn't see this because the news media won't report it. I am a manager in a GM plant and let me tell you it is not business as usual any longer. The line stops for quality whenever necessary right at the operator's station until it can be resolved. I could go on, but there are just too many GM bashers here and I don't feel like a peeing match right about now.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy

Things ARE better now and the general public doesn't see this because the news media won't report it. I am a manager in a GM plant and let me tell you it is not business as usual any longer. The line stops for quality whenever necessary right at the operator's station until it can be resolved. I could go on, but there are just too many GM bashers here and I don't feel like a peeing match right about now.

Which Plant is this?

All the plants work like this under the GMS principles. But I work in Texas. This year we became the exclusive plant building all the large SUV's. These being the Tahoes, Suburbans, Yukon, Yukon XL, Escalade, Escalade ESV and the Hybrid versions.

Last edited:
If all plants work like that why does a brand new red Camaro have different shades of paint all over it and why are things misaligned on it..A member right here saw one recently and thats what he saw..It so happens I saw a new red Camaro in Miami Beach just today and that one also had different shades of red on it..You had to look at it real hard and the bulk of the people would not see it but it was there.

I also looked at a new Mustang parked nearby..Though it was not 100% perfect either it 99% perfect.

Both are good trucks. If it was my money, I would have to buy a Chevy. They always were more reliable and broke less often than the F150's we had around the house. Plus I still have a bad taste in my mouth for fords after a transfer case went out in the mountains. Not a fun walk down in a foot of snow...

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
They obviously aren't that hardcore then
wink.gif

Seriously though, we've been down this road (you and I on this discussion). I swear you have some sort of Ford curse
wink.gif

Ford products we've had luck with:

Model A
9N
2x50's T-bird's
60's Continental
62 Fairlane
65 T-Bird
65 Mustang
67 T-Bird w/427SOHC
69 T-Bird
72 T-Bird
75 Continental
78 Pinto
80 F-150
82 F-150
85 F-150
87 Mustang GT
88 F-250
89 Town Car
97 Explorer
98 Expedition
2000 Expedition
2002 Expedition
2003 Town Car

Not to mention the Ford Y-blocks we ran in a few of our boats and I'm sure that list is incomplete and that I've forgot a few.

We really are cursed when it comes to fords for some reason. My whole dang family is cursed. My uncles 2006 F-250 FX4 powerstroke is currently barely running with 100K on it. His poor truck has been in and out of the shop at least 15 times with injector, brake and various other issues. Right now the truck is super hard to start and when it does it will barely stay running. It just so happens to be the dreaded 6.0 in his truck.

I know a lot of people think I am full of it but here is our current expedition. Notice our 98 K2500 behind the hedges and my old 97 TA to the left.

fcac215b.jpg

And what a moron woman on the phone flying through a parking lot does.

Accident6-8-2006003.jpg

Accident6-8-2006002.jpg

For comparison here is one of our old blazers we had. Wonderful truck it was! Wish we still owned it. Was very bad in heavy wind though.

fd953a54.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back