ford or chevy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing against Ford, just thought we were putting the sayings up there is all... My dad told me the Italian one!
grin2.gif

For TOYOTA:

Too Often Yankees Overprice This Auto

Torturous On Your Old Tired [censored]

Take Only Your Ordure To America

Taking Our Yen Out, Thanks All

The One You Ought To Avoid

Personally, I like the look/feel of Chevy trucks better.

Truthfully, I think Ford makes a more reliable, tougher truck.

I'd be really torn if I had to choose between the two.....

If you like Chevy, just buy a ford and add a whole bunch of poorly made electronics and cheap hard plastics... It will look like a Chevy in no time.

Also don't forget to disconnect a sensor so your CEL is illuminated constantly for the full experience of a Chevy! Chevy comes with this feature automatically, but can be duplicated in your Ford with the method above.

JUST KIDDING!

Originally Posted By: StevieC
If you like Chevy, just buy a ford and add a whole bunch of poorly made electronics and cheap hard plastics... It will look like a Chevy in no time.

Also don't forget to disconnect a sensor so your CEL is illuminated constantly for the full experience of a Chevy! Chevy comes with this feature automatically, but can be duplicated in your Ford with the method above.

JUST KIDDING!

I think you are serious.
grin2.gif

It depends, both make some really solid trucks. Personally the Silverado(early to mid 2000's) was a eye catcher compared to its Ford competitor.

Reliability at least for trucks I've heard nothing but good things about Fords, only downside I heard was the rear axles/differentials being weak build wise. I know around here I wouldn't buy a Ford just because I've seen them first hand being beaten on by Route 23 Ford/Nissan. The guys were moving the trucks around and I guess they were sitting around to long and were trying to move a few of them. The one side of the rear's was 100% LOCKED and they were basically using raw power in 4x4 to force the truck back, heard a bunch of grinding etc. Poor diesel trucks :|

I'd read around about their reliability, and most importantly give your business to a good dealer(lesser of the two evils). A good dealership is very hard to come by depending on where you live. Most around by me want to bend you over and begin fun time with your bummidy bum bum.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Anies
It depends, both make some really solid trucks. Personally the Silverado(early to mid 2000's) was a eye catcher compared to its Ford competitor.

Reliability at least for trucks I've heard nothing but good things about Fords, only downside I heard was the rear axles/differentials being weak build wise. I know around here I wouldn't buy a Ford just because I've seen them first hand being beaten on by Route 23 Ford/Nissan. The guys were moving the trucks around and I guess they were sitting around to long and were trying to move a few of them. The one side of the rear's was 100% LOCKED and they were basically using raw power in 4x4 to force the truck back, heard a bunch of grinding etc. Poor diesel trucks :|

I'd read around about their reliability, and most importantly give your business to a good dealer(lesser of the two evils). A good dealership is very hard to come by depending on where you live. Most around by me want to bend you over and begin fun time with your bummidy bum bum.

The 8.8 is not a weak diff. The ones in the F-150 have 31-spline axles, that's the same diff guys are running 600+HP through in the Mustangs. They are actually very strong.

The issue you are describing sounds like a seized parking brake. The rear-disc setup on the Ford trucks has an integral parking brake, built into a drum INSIDE the rotor body. If they are not used somewhat regularly, somebody could put it on and then it would stay on and not be releasable. When that happens, they are a real bugger to get un-stuck.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Originally Posted By: StevieC

JUST KIDDING!

I think you are serious.
grin2.gif

Prove it!
LOL.gif

The rear ends in the fullsize Ford trucks are junk,the 8.8 is a very weak rear end and most yards get calls for them and sell them easily.Ford: Found on road dead, F$#^&* owner really dumb

Originally Posted By: wafrederick1
The rear ends in the fullsize Ford trucks are junk,the 8.8 is a very weak rear end and most yards get calls for them and sell them easily.Ford: Found on road dead, F$#^&* owner really dumb

crackmeup2.gif

Man, you just keep feeding this thread pure garbage.

The 8.8 holds 1000 rwhp/8 second cars all over the nation, and the 8.8 swap is a popular swap for late-model F-Bodies.

Camaro/TA owners all over the nation chomp at the bit to get their hands on the "weak" 8.8.

I'm just waiting for you to offer an opinion that's actually correct. I haven't seen it yet.

Originally Posted By: panthermike

crackmeup2.gif

Man, you just keep feeding this thread pure garbage.

+1
Another post from Wafederick1 that makes no sense as usual.

Put down the crack pipe for 5 minutes and perhaps your mind will clear enough to realize:

A. You can't spell.
B. You can't form a sentence.
C. You can't form a paragraph.
D. Your posts make NO SENSE.
E. You are grammatically handicapped.

So, given the above information, how do you think the rest of this forum views the "quality" of your posts?

Take a look at the replies to yours. Do ANY of them agree with you?

How many 8.8's have you PERSONALLY (and I don't mean your Jasper Rep, buddy's uncle's sister's husband's half-breed nephew or Grandpa Pete down the road) broken?

Better yet, given your vehement hatred for Ford vehicles, how many Ford vehicles have YOU actually owned?

Your posts consist of so much garbage nobody even knows where to begin.

FACT: The 8.8 is a VERY strong rear-end. That's why we have one out of an Explorer behind the Nitrous-fed Small Block in my friend's S10. We BENT THE TUBES on the 7.5" GM junk diff that was in there.

That's why the '03 Cobra that will handle more HP than probably everything you've ever owned COMBINED on the stock internals is often swapped to a solid axle 8.8 out back from its (also 8.8) IRS setup.

Not to mention the NMRA, because of course the Mustang is the only car with its own racing league.....

Wow. I need to start posting here again. This is getting funny. If the Ford 8.8 is SOOO weak, then why is it being swapped into Grand Cherokees in place of Dana 35s, and Dana 44As? And how is it that it can withstand 35 inch tires while rock crawling, while in 4 Low, from a transfer case mounted behind a 5.9L, 360ft/lbs monster?

Ford 8.8 rear = awesome.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Put down the crack pipe for 5 minutes and perhaps your mind will clear enough to realize:

A. You can't spell.
B. You can't form a sentence.
C. You can't form a paragraph.
D. Your posts make NO SENSE.
E. You are grammatically handicapped.

So, given the above information, how do you think the rest of this forum views the "quality" of your posts?

Take a look at the replies to yours. Do ANY of them agree with you?

How many 8.8's have you PERSONALLY (and I don't mean your Jasper Rep, buddy's uncle's sister's husband's half-breed nephew or Grandpa Pete down the road) broken?

Better yet, given your vehement hatred for Ford vehicles, how many Ford vehicles have YOU actually owned?

Your posts consist of so much garbage nobody even knows where to begin.

FACT: The 8.8 is a VERY strong rear-end. That's why we have one out of an Explorer behind the Nitrous-fed Small Block in my friend's S10. We BENT THE TUBES on the 7.5" GM junk diff that was in there.

That's why the '03 Cobra that will handle more HP than probably everything you've ever owned COMBINED on the stock internals is often swapped to a solid axle 8.8 out back from its (also 8.8) IRS setup.

Not to mention the NMRA, because of course the Mustang is the only car with its own racing league.....

LOL.gif

crack pipe...

This is funny.

Wafrederick1, post more spam so we can have funnier fourms...

Originally Posted By: talker
What is the differences between a ford and chevy truck?

Which has the better quality?
Any certain issues with them?
Any personal feelings?

I want true, and strait foward answers, because a new truck will be in my garage soon!

both are great makes and have their benefits, afaik youll find per mile maintainence to be cheaper on the ford than chevy however chevy parts are in general cheaper for comparitive drivetrains.

To the guy who said 8.8 ford rear ends are weak.. well you have no idea what you are talkin about 8.8 stock to stock is just as strong as a 9" its just not a full floater.. nearly all my 4x4's have d-40 up front and 8.8's in the back running 35x12.5/15 and ive never broken an axle

that said im a ford and chevy fan but back on the farm i know a lot more farmers who run fords than chevy because they are tough as nails typically have stouter suspensions which is why chevy trucks always seem to ride smoother on the highway.

one big thing i noticed tho if your buying a used ford hope like [censored] its been maintained cause when a ford has been abused for too long stuff starts breakin down it seems very close together.
and a good old ford v8 or their 300 straight-6 are just plain [censored] hard to kill and imho have better overheating tolerance than a 350. also i prefer ford big blocks (386 series) over the chevy 454 and such the rod to piston angles are just better. thos either one will leave you broke from the gas prices lol

by the way, isnt it just plain funny how these chevy guys have so much time to come up with nifty acronyms for the ford name.. seems like someone has too much time sittin on their thumbs waitin for chevy parts to be delivered...

Last edited:
Personally I like the Ford F150 Over the Chevy. I grew up liking chevies and once in my less mature days has a calvin [censored] on Ford Sticker.

The fact is The Ford is a better truck has a better suspension and a stouter frame and arguable the better drivetrain. My mileage in a supercrew 4x4 f150 with the 5.4(my company truck) was 18.5 MPG last tank and that included city, Highway and oilfield(dirt roads some 4x4). Despite 40k miles of oilfield type service there are no squeeks or rattles and I have never had a want for more power. Brakes are great and the ride is comfortable.
Matter of fact I plan on bidding on the truck when the company decides to surplus it.

Fords are the worst to work on,no room to get to anything!I know a guy whom has had 3 transmissions replaced in his Ford although he ia a Ford guy and Ford had to buy the vehicle back.You could not convince my father's friend Harry to buy a Ford,He drives Chevys which he has not had any problems with,A Chevy fanatic and will never drive a Ford.He goes with my father to the car auctions and says this when my father looks at a Ford: I will put my foot up your [censored]!My father hates Fords and will never own one since they have to be worked on all the time.If there is a hard way way,Ford and their dumb engineers need to come out to the field to see what mechanics have to go through hearing lots of cussing.Plus Ford electronic transmissions are horrible to diagnose and I know one transmission shop that can prove this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back