ford or chevy?

What is the differences between a ford and chevy truck? Which has the better quality? Any certain issues with them? Any personal feelings? I want true, and strait foward answers, because a new truck will be in my garage soon!

Well you'll have to do your own research as this is just going to get a bunch of opinions, arguments, and personal stories. I suggest Consumer Reports and Intellichoice (online). Having said that, FWIW, I personally prefer Ford trucks of the two.

If you want something easy to work on,the Chevy and the Ford is the worst to work on.Lots of cussing when working on a Ford and my father went through that about a month ago changing a heater core in a 1997 Ford F150.The dumb Ford engineer should of been there.The GM 4.8 and 5.3 engines get great fuel mileage over the Ford Triton engines.You do not want one with a 5.4 in a Ford,a huge gas hog and this is true including the 6.0 GM.GM does have problem with ABS systems on their 1995 to 2002 4x4 trucks,the front wheel speed sensors.GM's fix does not work,cleaning the speed sensors and the real fix is to replace the wheel bearings.Most Chevy guys will tell you what Ford stands for: Fix or repair daily Driver returning on foot Fold over read directions F&*#@& on race day F(*&%$ over rebuilt Dodge

Originally Posted By: wafrederick1
If you want something easy to work on,the Chevy and the Ford is the worst to work on.Lots of cussing when working on a Ford and my father went through that about a month ago changing a heater core in a 1997 Ford F150.The dumb Ford engineer should of been there.The GM 4.8 and 5.3 engines get great fuel mileage over the Ford Triton engines.You do not want one with a 5.4 in a Ford,a huge gas hog and this is true including the 6.0 GM.GM does have problem with ABS systems on their 1995 to 2002 4x4 trucks,the front wheel speed sensors.GM's fix does not work,cleaning the speed sensors and the real fix is to replace the wheel bearings.Most Chevy guys will tell you what Ford stands for: Fix or repair daily Driver returning on foot Fold over read directions F&*#@& on race day F(*&%$ over rebuilt Dodge
Now that's the kind of mature inteligent answer I bet you are looking for. My son has a 04 F150 and it's been a good truck for him. No problems for him yet, and I haven't heard of any cronic problems with the F150.

I like the Ford much better. Less reliability issues, very comfortable ride, better styling than Chevy (opinion only), less plastic, better color choices, two great engines to choose from in the V-8 form (4.6 which is bullet proof and proven in the Crown Vic to go over 300k miles, and the 5.4 which has plenty of torque if that's what you need). Chevy and GM in general just seems to have so many quality problems with some of the cars that I would stay away from them. Just my opinions here....take it for what it's worth.

So dodge rams must be a walk in the park to work on? Does your daddy have much experience working on anything other than Ford and Chevrolet?

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
That, is hilarious. The guy who cannot spell, punctuate or form coherent sentences calling an engineer stupid. Coming from a Ford guy, I've got one for you as to what GM now stands for: Government Motors. Overused, but still hilarious. After the dust clears and GM's bankruptcy doesn't save them (yes, unless you've been living under a rock, you'd know they went Chapter 11), the silver script on the blue oval marquee will state as it always has: First On Race Day.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
 Originally Posted By: tom slick
So dodge rams must be a walk in the park to work on? Does your daddy have much experience working on anything other than Ford and Chevrolet?
Give him a few days, he'll have to ask his Jasper rep.

I now understand where the comments about war on the pcmo/gas board regarding the the 5.4L Ford come from. How did he miss, Found On a Road Dead? ;\) I can laugh, knowing I helped my son pick out a new 4.6L 05 Explorer that has run well for him. I thought this topic would get some opinions, but that's funny. Continue.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
 Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
 Originally Posted By: tom slick
[quote=wafrederick1]If you want something easy to work on,the Chevy and the Ford is the worst to work on.Lots of cussing when working on a Ford and my father went through that about a month ago changing a heater core in a 1997 Ford F150.The dumb Ford engineer should of been there.The GM 4.8 and 5.3 engines get great fuel mileage over the Ford Triton engines.You do not want one with a 5.4 in a Ford,a huge gas hog and this is true including the 6.0 GM.GM does have problem with ABS systems on their 1995 to 2002 4x4 trucks,the front wheel speed sensors.GM's fix does not work,cleaning the speed sensors and the real fix is to replace the wheel bearings.Most Chevy guys will tell you what Ford stands for: Fix or repair daily Driver returning on foot Fold over read directions F&*#@& on race day F(*&%$ over rebuilt Dodge
Give him a few days, he'll have to ask his Jasper rep.
+1 Another post from Wafrederick1 that makes 100% no sense as usual...I think he lives on a different planet.