Ford Fusion

Wow. It’s clean inside… no stains visible in the pictures. Does the flap at the drivers knee cover the obd port?

the accord they have doesn’t look bad either, though in 50k it will start needing love, if it doesn’t already.

Why? Rust, or lack of a smoke machine?
Having written that, I've never used a smoke machine, but it's on my list.
I got a smoke machine to try to figure out EVAP on my Silverado, but it just gave me assurances that everything looked good. I changed one quick-connect that was smoking a little but it didn't help.

Hokey little thing with some toaster wire, cotton wick, paint can, and 1/2 lb regulator. Pour baby oil on the cotton wick and hook it up to a car battery and air compressor. I had a spare gas cap, because, after all, it was the first part to throw at the problem. Drilled a hole in the cap's guts to make an adapter. Still no luck.

Like others said that if it runs and is not rusted to bits that I’d call it good. I’d just do the basic used car look over. Try to get underneath to check for rust and oil leaks. As far as rust goes usually the rockers, quarter panels, and inside lip of the rear door. Evap temp sensor is an issue with these cars. Check for a low or spongy brake pedal and that will be the ABS unit that needs replaced.

Be prepared to change the valve cover gasket if it hasn't been done already. You'll know if it's leaking when you go to change the spark plugs because that's where they tend to leak after 90 or 100K miles (the center of the gasket leaks into the spark plug holes).
Isn't that pretty much every car now?

Last edited:
Back