Ford Cuts Mach-E prices by thousands

There never will be enough in advance of EVs needing to charge. It doesn't work that way. Power companies will have to rise to meet demand. They aren't going to pre build it out of the goodness of their hearts.
then it's always going to be a "catch-21".. because the consumer has already shown with the drop in demand that they won't buy something that isn't as good or better than the fossil fueled engine they have now.

Going to be a blood bath on those Mach…..they will have to give them away!

Wait till you see what happens when Ford ships those 60K trucks here in the next few weeks!

Epic will be an understatement……

wow.. what a joke of a lease, with that low mileage Ford is signaling that they want low mileage when they send the leased car to auction.. meaning they know they're not worth much with higher mileage at auction because more mileage is closer to battery replacement!

What is really "I told you so" moment with this is Mr Toyoda already said that pure electric wouldn't survive until there's enough infrastructure to support it (also better battery technology).. But everyone made fun of Toyoda for saying that.. guess this is that moment!
Toyota makes the best hybrids; I own one. They make lousy EVs. Some EVs are surviving quite nicely, right? Perhaps Mr. Toyoda is talking about his own cars?

then it's always going to be a "catch-21".. because the consumer has already shown with the drop in demand that they won't buy something that isn't as good or better than the fossil fueled engine they have now.
I don't think this should be a surprise to anyone. It's always been this way with utilities. There was outcry when air conditioning was invented for similar reasons. We will never get to the point of a surplus in preparation for new technology.

I don't think this should be a surprise to anyone. It's always been this way with utilities. There was outcry when air conditioning was invented for similar reasons. We will never get to the point of a surplus in preparation for new technology.
Ya know, that depends. I installed solar as a hedge against the high energy costs here in Silicon Valley. I made sure I upped the project to be sure I was generating enough and figured I might have an EV one day. Little did I know we bought the Model 3 later the same year as the solar installation.

It's all about planning. If you have trouble charging, why the heck did you buy an EV in the first place?

Ya know, that depends. I installed solar as a hedge against the high energy costs here in Silicon Valley. I made sure I upped the project to be sure I was generating enough and figured I might have an EV one day. Little did I know we bought the Model 3 later the same year as the solar installation.

It's all about planning. If you have trouble charging, why the heck did you buy an EV in the first place?
That's a personal decision though. It doesn't seem to happen at the corporate level.

Back