Ford Cuts Mach-E prices by thousands

I literally quoted your post above?

Another one- How is this not bashing a bolt?
I guess you consider that bashing.
Try sitting in the back seat of one, you wont fit if you are anywhere near 6 feet tall and even the front seat for tall people is cramped not a family car by any means, neither is a $100k Corvette, its not designed to be one.
It's long known my wife and I considered one for exactly the purpose mentioned. Local store shopping etc.
Im certainly not going to go on a 200 mile trip at 80 MPH with it. Im just shy of 6 feet and certainly could not take a long trip in it, nor is the battery big enough for that. That isnt the purpose of the car but for what it is, it is in our opinion really cool looking "cute" as my wife calls it.

I guess you consider that bashing.
Try sitting in the back seat of one, you wont fit if you are anywhere near 6 feet tall and even the front seat for tall people is cramped not a family car by any means, neither is a Corvette, its not designed to be one.
It's long known my wife and I considered one for exactly the purpose mentioned. Local store shopping etc.
Im certainly not going to go on a 200 mile trip at 80 MPH with it. Im just shy of 6 feet and certainly could not take a long trip in it, nor is the battery big enough for that. That isnt the purpose of the car but for what it is, it is in our opinion really cool looking "cute" as my wife calls it.
So say that then. Or say it doesn't work for you. Don't call it a golf cart. How am I supposed to interpret that?

Don't try to tell me I am putting words in your mouth. I simply used your words.

Are these also golf cart's? I am not saying the Bolt is a good car.

Bolt passenger volume = 94 cubic feet
Mazda 3 passenger volume 92.8 cubic feet
Corrolla passenger volume = 88.6 cubic feet

I can only remember seeing one Mach E around here. I have seen probably a dozen Rivians. And a few Ionics. But you can't swing a cat without hitting a Tesla.

Mr. Keryk nailed it with why the Mach E is rapidly becoming a massive failure.

"I think many car makers were jumping; they knew they were far behind the leader. CA was buying EVs like crazy"
"I think the Mach e problem was it was inferior from an EV standpoint. Then there were the acceleration battery overheating problems. The dealership distribution model (mark ups) surely hurt sales. The miles of wiring made the Mach e look like a cobbled together project by engineers that did not talk to each other."
"The main thing Ford had going for the Mach e was their loyal customers"
"The (Tesla Model) Y is in growth mode; the Mach e is declining. Not good when you already lose $$ on every unit"

I have been saying for a long time that Ford and GM lack the massive amounts of capital needed to build a truly competitive EV. That goes for building all new production lines using the latest methods and materials, and designing a ground up EV and not using a bunch of existing parts and adding batteries and an electric motor. Plus hiring the best and brightest engineers. They all want to work for whack-job Elon. Even if Ford and GM were to rapidly shift massive amounts of capital to their EV programs, they would still be several years behind Tesla. And Tesla won't be standing still for the next few years.

Farley and Mary Barra are both behind the times when it comes to the EV market. Their EV's have been technically mediocre at best and financial disasters. As are the Rivians.

They should have taken the developing EV market more seriously about 10-12 tears ago. The Tesla horse left the gate and is several laps ahead with no signs of going lame.
I think local markets shape a lot of what we see with tastes. I definitely do see Mach-Es here though it is not every day. I'd say I see 3-4 a week. I still see way more Teslas. That to me is extremely interesting. Theres a Ford dealer in town and always has a few in stock. We only have Ford, Chevrolet/GMC, and Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler/Ram dealers in town. The closest Tesla service center that can deliver new cars is 2 hours(95 miles) away due to dealership direct to consumer laws in Wisconsin. That's not to say that some of the Teslas I see were purchased used from a dealer, but they had to get here somehow at some point. I think that if I could just drive 30 minutes to pick up a Tesla we'd see even more of them and even less Mach-Es.

A lot of things happened before we bought a Tesla. I don't know if I really considered driving to Illinois to pick up the car to be an issue initially. That did cause us some issues on the day of pickup because of my schedule, but for many that would have probably been more preventable. The Mach-E was the first EV we considered. Cost and availability pushed us to the VW ID.4 because they actually had a car for test drives and it wasn't built by Tesla. Legitimately we went into this saying we'd never own a Tesla. Now I'd have a hard time choosing something else in an EV. I wonder if Ford early on actually had availability how well they'd have sold in the long run? We'd have made the extra stretch in cost because we were loyal Ford owners, never would have gotten as far as the Edge having the brake issues that turned us away, and I'd still be in an F150.

ford needs to publish some subvented rates, trunk money, and some nice lease offers. They will move them.

This whole every few weeks of public embarrassment isnt moving the needle.

Yes, this is how Tesla works, calculating what is in demand on any given day, adjusting prices it seems on a monthly basis.

Yeah.......no.

Even if "seems" Telsa changed prices every month (which they didnt) - thats a million miles away from the dealer model of a negotiating every single car sold, having different ADM, or " market adjustments" at different places, forcing 3rd party warranties, Tru Kote, window etching, serial number engraving, and all the other myriad of games the dealer plays.

If two people from anywhere in the US go to buy a Tesla today they will pay the same price, be able to but the same car, and be offered the same packages without any of the dealer games.

Last edited:
Yeah.......no.

Even if "seems" Telsa changed prices every month (which they didnt) - thats million miles away from the dealer model of a negotiating every single car sold, having different ADM, or " market adjustments" at different places, forcing 3rd party warranties, Tru Kote, window etching, serials number and all the other myriad of games the dealer plays.

If two people from anywhere in the US go to buy a Tesla today they will pay the same price, be able to but the same car, and be offered the same packages without any of the dealer games.
My favorite part. It makes things a lot easier. What gets me to consider more VWs is because I now personally know my sales guy. He just happens to be a car guy and it's just a conversation with him. There's very few transactions I've ever made that didn't feel like some crazy sales tactic. It's just a fair deal, no haggle as many call it.

If they were a markup dealer it might be a different story. With Tesla it's even easier though. I agree on the price on the website or app and I don't have to interact with someone to pay for the car. I really don't understand why the dealership model has existed as long as it has. We still need service centers for warranty and that's all that is necessary. It's not much different than going into a dealer anyway, the front line "sales" only answers questions and facilitates test drives without being able to wedge in the middle of the buying process. It was nice knowing I wasn't going to be sold to when I went in for a test drive. The location couldn't even deliver a car in the state anyway, but even if they did they weren't selling me a car I was leaving in that day. Since Tesla cannot sell direct to consumer in Wisconsin that adds some difficulty with travel time, but if that was not case it overall would just be simpler across the board.

So say that then. Or say it doesn't work for you. Don't call it a golf cart. How am I supposed to interpret that?

Don't try to tell me I am putting words in your mouth. I simply used your words.

Wrong again I never called it a golf cart.

Id bet a bunch STILL have ADM on them.
And you might be correct! I just checked the online inventory at the Ford dealer that services my car. They have a whopping 39 units in inventory with ADM ranging from $5-12,000! That being said I don't believe that they are on top of their online pricing because I had received an email from them several weeks ago offering $2000 off MSRP on their inventory.

I had no idea how much these things cost. It's no wonder the typical Ford buyer isn't interested. If they wanted to run with the big dog they needed to either make a better vehicle or come in at a lower price. The Mach-E doesn't appeat to have offered eiher of these things.

Last edited:
And you might be correct! I just checked the online inventory at the Ford dealer that services my car. They have a whopping 39 units in inventory with ADM ranging from $5-12,000! That being said I don't believe that they are on top of their online pricing because I had received an email from them several weeks ago offering $2000 off MSRP on their inventory.

I had no idea how much these things cost. It's no wonder the typical Ford buyer isn't interested. If they wanted to run with the big dog they needed to either make a better vehicle or come in at a lower price. The Mach-E doesn't appeat to have offered eiher of these things.
i was bored, and check some dealers heres what i got.

select rwd
sticker sell price
8500 cash
2750 x plan
if you lease its at 2.45 apr, which is great exit strategy for an ev.
7.5k/36 months

Apparently sales fell by 50% in January now that the Mach-E no longer qualifies for a $3750 Federal Tax Credit. Note from the article that the price cuts range from $3100 to $8100. Obviously there is a larger problem than the loss of a tax credit.
The Ford Dealer that services my C-Max Energi sent an email tonight with offerings on their 2023 inventory. The Mach-e is being offered at $45 to 58K. Seriously? These might sell at $25K. What are these people thinking?

Mediocre savings, nothing to get me running in the door (X Plan supplier discount)
1000010680.jpg

1000010681.jpg

My local (wretched) Ford store has a passable lease deal on 2023 models, but that mileage is a joke 🙄
That APR is decent, but that's not unexpected
Ford Credit will approve anything that can fog a mirror 🙄
1000010684.jpg

I saw one of these for the first time in a Hotel a few weeks back. Only reason I noticed is because it was in the charger spot. Looked like an old Venza with a fastback.

How this qualifies as a mustang is beyond me. There is a special place in the muscle car furnace place for Jim Farley.

There’s been one in EV row at work for about a year. Bright blue. Better looking than anything else in the charging area IMO.

Oddly there is quite a mix there, surprisingly usually only one Tesla.

Mediocre savings, nothing to get me running in the door (X Plan supplier discount)
View attachment 213694
View attachment 213695
My local (wretched) Ford store has a passable lease deal on 2023 models, but that mileage is a joke 🙄
That APR is decent, but that's not unexpected
Ford Credit will approve anything that can fog a mirror 🙄
View attachment 213696
wow.. what a joke of a lease, with that low mileage Ford is signaling that they want low mileage when they send the leased car to auction.. meaning they know they're not worth much with higher mileage at auction because more mileage is closer to battery replacement!

What is really "I told you so" moment with this is Mr Toyoda already said that pure electric wouldn't survive until there's enough infrastructure to support it (also better battery technology).. But everyone made fun of Toyoda for saying that.. guess this is that moment!

I saw one of these for the first time in a Hotel a few weeks back. Only reason I noticed is because it was in the charger spot. Looked like an old Venza with a fastback.

How this qualifies as a mustang is beyond me. There is a special place in the muscle car furnace place for Jim Farley.
Everything is for sale, including legendary performance badges for a quick buck.

wow.. what a joke of a lease, with that low mileage Ford is signaling that they want low mileage when they send the leased car to auction.. meaning they know they're not worth much with higher mileage at auction because more mileage is closer to battery replacement!

What is really "I told you so" moment with this is Mr Toyoda already said that pure electric wouldn't survive until there's enough infrastructure to support it (also better battery technology).. But everyone made fun of Toyoda for saying that.. guess this is that moment!
There never will be enough in advance of EVs needing to charge. It doesn't work that way. Power companies will have to rise to meet demand. They aren't going to pre build it out of the goodness of their hearts.

Back