Ford 4.6, No Codes, Slight Driveability Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by AdRock
Swap the #1 coil with the one next to it and see if the misfire moves with the coil/

Coil is new. Maybe it's defective, so I guess I'll try that at some point. I did buy MasterPro after all - junk!

Last edited:
Ive been buying Denso off Amazon. They look identical to original Ford part, to the point on the ones I have the resin on top is scraped in the exact spot the ford part number normally resides.

Originally Posted by Colt45ws
Ive been buying Denso off Amazon. They look identical to original Ford part, to the point on the ones I have the resin on top is scraped in the exact spot the ford part number normally resides.

But I don't get Denso for $15 lol

I bought a full set of 8 coils off of Amazon.... I made the choice based purely on the high number of positive reviews

Ive had good luck with standard motor products coils or BWD as they are the same company that makes the motorcraft coils.

What brand did you get off amazon?

Interesting that those are 22 heat range ultrafine wire plugs, pretty sure stock is 32 standard platinium, so somebody changed them for a more "performance" option at some point.
1 step colder wouldnt hurt anything where you're at anyway.

The colder plugs are standard for flex fuel vehicles, which I believe was optional on the OP's 2008...

I do have flex fuel, but I never use it. It just gets E15 or whatever the normal gasoline is in California.

Originally Posted by Black_Thunder
Ive had good luck with standard motor products coils or BWD as they are the same company that makes the motorcraft coils.?

Funny story, I bought a set of four Standard/BWD coils for my Escape because I wanted to change them to see if it would help anything (it didn't, and I don't feel like explaining why I thought I had bad coils on that car) one of them even had the Motorcraft part number on it LOL.

Last edited:
Yep.

One step further - it's impossible to answer "who makes (insert automaker) coils?". Said contracts are always rotating as logistics and pricing change. You could buy two coils in Motorcraft boxes, and get a Standard in one and a Denso in another.

Aftermarkets also contract their stuff out. I've gotten SKF bearings in National boxes, National bearings in Timken boxes, etc...

Really, with a few exceptions, no matter what brand you are buying, you are getting one of only a few possible parts. The only thing different you are getting between brands is the box, the price, and sometimes the warranty.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by emmett442
Interesting that those are 22 heat range ultrafine wire plugs, pretty sure stock is 32 standard platinium, so somebody changed them for a more "performance" option at some point.
1 step colder wouldnt hurt anything where you're at anyway.

The colder plugs are standard for flex fuel vehicles, which I believe was optional on the OP's 2008...

Ah, good to know. I will note that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back