Honda radio code madness....need help!

I did a bunch of maintenance today on my 2012 Accord today which included a transmission fluid drain and refill. I got frisky and unplugged the negative cable on the battery to reset the TCU to relearn shifting on the new fluid. Upon restarting the car the radio requires a code to regain function of the radio. This is nothing I haven't done 10 times before without issue, but this time when putting the radio code in I am getting error messages. It allows 10 attempts before "locking you out" but all you have to do is unplug the negative cable and you can try again.

At any rate, I 100% have the right code. I have it in the owners manual and it is labeled in the car as well in a discrete location. I have tried unplugging the battery and unplugging the fuses. NO LUCK!

Does anyone have a fix for this? It is just too coincidental that it worked fine before unplugging the battery.

We had this problem with my kids 07 civic. The on line tool gave us ten or so codes to try, the second last one worked.

I believe you shut off radio then turn on it asks for code then you press hold power button about 30-60 seconds then it shows unlocked . Works on a lot of 2011-2015 models including my Pilot. Good luck!

I believe you shut off radio then turn on it asks for code then you press hold power button about 30-60 seconds then it shows unlocked . Works on a lot of 2011-2015 models including my Pilot. Good luck!
Maybe I’ll try that tomorrow. I held the power button for 30 seconds this evening, I’ll hold for a full minute next time.

Went ahead and held for a full minute, no luck.

Go to the Honda site online under owners section and they have the procedure to do it along with radio code if needed via your VIN....

Back