For the next oil change, the Accord will get…

I'm not that concerned about bypass spec. We live in FL so temps rarely get low enough for that to be a significant factor, it is just an added bonus. My dealer charged $7.13 if I remember correctly. That is a fair price IMO.
Only mentioned bypass spec because "proper" bypass spec mentioned in OP. I wouldn't be concerned about even if I lived in a colder clime.

$7.13 better than ~$8.50 list. That said, no problem here finding an aftermarket better than ~65%@20um with a silicone adbv for the same or less money. Bosch Premium 3323 for ~$5 my current OF of choice for Honda.
My dealer wanted $14.99
That's 'tell them to pound sand', pricing.

M1 5w30 EP HM with OEM filter (I got Fram ultra gasket stuck on the oil filter housing with the odyssey 3 days ago, patted myself on the back for always checking to see if gasket on filter or not every time I change the filter) and this Honda engine will thank you.
Interesting. I had the same issue last year in the new subaru - A fram ultra was GLUED onto the housing surface. I had a terrible time getting the filter off even with the wrench, as it was twisting against the filter baseplate. I'd say Fram got a bunch of bad gaskets.
Unless this is a new "anti leak feature :)

Are these buna-n polymer gaskets?

I find it satisfying to see the blue Honda filter on my cars.
FRAM probably finds it satisfying to have a contract with Honda Motor Co., LTD and Subaru Co.
as O.E. for service parts in North America. The Blue painted Fram seems to be made to a higher build and finish than
the orange can, and isnt that cellophane wrapper a nice touch

I would prefer to see a toyo roki on there - the Japan factory O.E.

- Ken

Interesting. I had the same issue last year in the new subaru - A fram ultra was GLUED onto the housing surface. I had a terrible time getting the filter off even with the wrench, as it was twisting against the filter baseplate. I'd say Fram got a bunch of bad gaskets.

I miss described it honestly. It wasn't really " stuck" but was just left on the surface of the housing when I pulled the filter out. I just pulled it afterwards. It's the Fram XG7317 bought from Walmart about 3 months ago. But it was the first time I ever had a filter gasket detached from the filter when I pulled it out. Didn't like that honestly

Use silicone grease on black gaskets. Not that I do but since you had an issue maybe I will from now on.

I miss described it honestly. It wasn't really " stuck" but was just left on the surface of the housing when I pulled the filter out. I just pulled it afterwards. It's the Fram XG7317 bought from Walmart about 3 months ago. But it was the first time I ever had a filter gasket detached from the filter when I pulled it out. Didn't like that honestly
Happens to me every time I change frams on my hondas. No biggie, I don’t change them that often anyways

FRAM probably finds it satisfying to have a contract with Honda Motor Co., LTD and Subaru Co.
as O.E. for service parts in North America. The Blue painted Fram seems to be made to a higher build and finish than
the orange can, and isnt that cellophane wrapper a nice touch

I would prefer to see a toyo roki on there - the Japan factory O.E.

- Ken
Yes, they do seem to be of higher quality.

I'm not that concerned about bypass spec. We live in FL so temps rarely get low enough for that to be a significant factor, it is just an added bonus. My dealer charged $7.13 if I remember correctly. That is a fair price IMO.
Ouch.

11DC0D16-E85F-48F9-9A5B-6C4A228B3A81.jpg

Back