For all the Canucks - UOA with TBN/TAN testing $25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone:

Special thanks to OVERK1LL for letting me know... All us Canucks can get cheap UOA's done which include TBN/TAN analysis (if you ask for it) for only $25 CDN total.

The company up here that does it is Toromont and is available in most cities at a Transport Trucking place near you.

I just wanted to add in here as well, I have never had a problem with BlackStone analysis and would encourage all to use there testing where affordably possible as they are great people to deal with from my personal experience, but for us Canucks this can be quite costly and not economical so the above information is as an alternative if you can't afford to send it to Blackstone or can't wait for it to get to the US and be tested due to impending failure.

cheers3.gif

Steve
grin2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? Blackstone isn't in Canada and it costs us a small fortune to send it to BlackStone Labs, plus if people get their UOA's done and post them here they are contributing to the forum no?

I don't see how it could be a violation...

I'm contributing to help people, I don't work for these guys or have any affiliation with them. How is this different from sugguesting Pennzoil Platinum as an oil that should be used when Mobil-1 is a sponsor of BITOG? (Same thing IMO)

I also put in a good word for BlackStone Labs as they are a quality service provider which I have liked dealing with but for us Canadians it costs an arm/leg to get them to test a sample with shipping costs and with US to Canadian Conversion.

If Blackstone labs had some way for us to test our samples within the close proximity to the pricing you pay then I would be all for it but it isn't so the above is a way for us Canucks to achieve the same results.

Last edited:
Quote:

8. Members agree that, except with the owner’s prior consent, they shall not solicit or promote any products services or other sites by posting direct links of any sales pages of any products in this forum.

B-S is a site sponsor. The fact it is inconvenient or too costly in your opinion is immaterial. Mods call of course...

What I see is a link to a non sponsor who competes with a sponsor's services

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying, but Mobil-1 is a sponsor and we all talk about using Redline or Pennzoil Platinum how is that different from me talking about using Toromont for Canadian specific applications?

I mean if the Mod's want to be biased, that is fine it's a private board, but doesn't my argument ring true? We should not be recommending anything but M1, Amsoil or Schaefers(Sp?) then...

As there have been links to Ashlands, Redlines and other websites which are also not site sponsors...

I still think I'm right... We would need to band all of this then...

It's a discussion board... and I'm discussing UOA's that are more economical for Canadian board members... I have explicitly said that the BlackStone people are excellent and that people should support them where possible and left the choice in board members hands...

If I can't talk about alternative companies doing UOA's then we shouldn't talk about Redline, Pennzoil Platinum, Fram, Purolator etc. or link to those either...

Just Sayin'...

Last edited:
Quote:

I understand what you are saying, but Mobil-1 is a sponsor and we all talk about using Redline or Pennzoil Platinum how is that different from me talking about using Toromont for Canadian specific applications?

Because technical discussions are allowed. Yours is not a tech discussion, it is a link based solely on price and convenience. (i.e. It is a sales link)

Why doesn't rule 8. apply? Jusk asking.... 8)

edit:I see Helen has made the call.

Last edited:
That price is only $5 less than Wearcheck Canada charges and Burlington is very close for you Stevie, so you could just drop your samples off directly at their lab and get your results much quicker. It'll probably cost you $5 to ship it to Toromont anyhow.

I've been very satisfied with Wearcheck and it has been nice being able to drop off my samples at their lab in Mississauga in the past, it made turnaround very quick. Now that they've moved the lab to Burlington it was a bit further of a drive for me to drop off samples, but my new job is located just five minutes from their lab! So any future samples I can drop off there on my lunch hour.

Rule number 8 is a double edged sword. On some sites that type of rule being enforced has led to a lack of credibility for the website.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

8. Members agree that, except with the owner’s prior consent, they shall not solicit or promote any products services or other sites by posting direct links of any sales pages of any products in this forum.

B-S is a site sponsor. The fact it is inconvenient or too costly in your opinion is immaterial. Mods call of course...

Why don't you stop being a butt-kisser and realise that us Canadians need to get our oil analysis done without having to pay $100 for it.

What business is it of yours to deny a fellow canuck a place to get it done.

Stop being a [censored]. This has nothing to do with you.

Originally Posted By: BlazerLT
Quote:

Why don't you stop being a butt-kisser and realise that us Canadians need to get our oil analysis done without having to pay $100 for it.

What business is it of yours to deny a fellow canuck a place to get it done.

Stop being a [censored]. This has nothing to do with you.

pwned!
08.gif

a small victory for decency.

Originally Posted By: Patman
That price is only $5 less than Wearcheck Canada charges and Burlington is very close for you Stevie, so you could just drop your samples off directly at their lab and get your results much quicker. It'll probably cost you $5 to ship it to Toromont anyhow.

I've been very satisfied with Wearcheck and it has been nice being able to drop off my samples at their lab in Mississauga in the past, it made turnaround very quick. Now that they've moved the lab to Burlington it was a bit further of a drive for me to drop off samples, but my new job is located just five minutes from their lab! So any future samples I can drop off there on my lunch hour.

I went there this morning and was about to buy a kit when the lady told me that if I buy 10 kits it works out to be $17/kit versus $25 and they still include a TAN/TBN if I ask for those tests. A UOA with TAN/TBN for $17 CDN
shocked2.gif

CAT/Toromont is closer to me than Wearcheck and I can drop my sample off there too it turns out, so no added shipping cost. They have locations everywhere across Canada too!

Plus I like the report style better from CAT from the report OVERK1LL let me see.

Now there is a deal and a half!!!!!!

Thanks again to OVERK1LL!!!!!

Last edited:
Safe to say, I got a bit overzealous. Sorry.
It's all good bud, I understand your point and see where you are coming from, but us Canadians seem to get screwed to the wall with everything so a savings like this just had to be posted.

In the long run it's good for the board as people no doubt will be posting their UOA's here creating buzz and thus attracting more people to the board and possible donations/sponsorship etc.

cheers3.gif
<--- On me!

ONN: If there are any Canuck members who want to buy a kit off me and live locally I'm more than willing to sell you a kit at the discounted price as it will take me a while to get through 10 of these.

OVERK1LL, PATMAN, NDX etc... Let me know via PM!

Originally Posted By: StevieC
ONN: If there are any Canuck members who want to buy a kit off me and live locally I'm more than willing to sell you a kit at the discounted price as it will take me a while to get through 10 of these.

OVERK1LL, PATMAN, NDX etc... Let me know via PM!

Thanks for the offer Stevie, but for the sake of consistency (and convenience) I'm gonna stick with Wearcheck for my reports for now. Perhaps in the future I'll consider switching, in which case I'd gladly split a box of sample kits with you.

The offer is always on the table and I can drop off to you in Mississauga when I'm up the street at Investors group or in the area for work.

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Patman

Thanks for mentioning Wearcheck has moved to Burlington.
Now they're just 2 miles from my house!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back