Follow the law, get investigated anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with that is that our lawmakers aren't living amongst them. They're not getting hit-and-run by them. They're not living below them in an apartment. They're not living in the parts of town where Mexicans are hanging out in convenience store parking lots. In other words, they're not experiencing the real world, so nothing's really being done.

Yep. I've been saying for YEARS that I'd love for all these bleeding heart Mexican-sympathizers to go live in one of my last apartments for one month. I guarantee their views would change.

Thank G-O-D I finally make enough money to not share common walls with anyone anymore. They are the WORST neighbors on earth.

Originally Posted By: ravenchris
Another weak diatribe.

You have an opposing point of view? What merits me spending money for uninvited guests? I don't want illegal immigration. I don't care if it's Latin American or Russian ..or whomever.

Invite them to your home. Let them eat your food, wear out your furniture and carpet, run up your water bill, wreck your car. Even if all of them are hard working good intentioned people, they're not entitled to stuff that they have no right to have.

Now we KNOW that they aren't all well intentioned people.

Now here's the myth. If it was all that great here, you would think that the "rich USA" would be an environment where all of us were "importing a domestic". It's not the case. We're not benefiting from this in terms of an easier life, we're leveraged in competition with them ..and pay to keep them here.

Outside of the illegals themselves, just what's in it for the average American??

Best post ever from Gary (in the General& OT section)
grin2.gif

And of course what about those who actually follow the law and come in legally?
whistle.gif
wink.gif

I have no issue with the ones that come here legally as long as they continue to act legally and morally once they're here.

Get car insurance and keep it paid up

Get your car inspected, if your state requires it

Read your apartment lease about how many people are ALLOWED to live in one unit.

Stop squeezing out welfare children. Procreate ONLY if you can actually support them yourself and pay taxes to support their education. If not, support a U.S. business by purchasing American made condoms. (Just kidding..they can be foreign...just not CHINESE. They're bound to fail).

DISCIPLINE THEM while you're at it.

Take a little pride in your home and the yard. I'm not asking that it look like the white house lawn, but mow it and keep the trash picked up.

Am I asking too much? It would seem that I am.

Legal immigrants we should welcome with arms wide open. We need their skills now more than ever. As long as you live by our laws.

The illegals who are law-abiding, gainfully-employed for the past 2+ years, income tax-paying people who just happen to be illegal should also be welcomed, since they want to contribute too.

Everybody else, they can get dumped back across the border.

No idea how we're going to accomplish that task.

Originally Posted By: ViragoBry
In other words, they're not experiencing the real world

Sure they are! Lower wages for the masses = more profit for them, and more votes.
56.gif

How do you pay taxes when you don't have a SSN?

Supposedly they pay lots of taxes because they make one up and never file a tax return, letting the IRS keep the withholding. This is supposed to be OK, per the apologists, but they never explain what the poor person whose SSN it actually is is supposed to do about the problem...

What I suspect actually happens is that they make up an SSN, file a W4 with a bunch of allowances so they have very little withholding, and never file a tax return, so they pay very little in taxes. (That's assuming they aren't getting paid under the table or as an "independent contractor".).

The IRS does offer TINs (taxpayer ID numbers for people not eligible for an SSN) but stats I've read say that less than 1/3 of the ones they've issued have ever been used to file tax returns.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
^ at least we're getting 15.3% FICA out of 'em.

That's been suggested as a reason why we should keep 'em...they're keeping SS solvent. I kid you not.

Originally Posted By: John_K
Problem is, the liberals in charge want us all to pretend we're all "equal" and race has nothing to do with it.

John

Hmm. All men are created equal? it would seem self-evident, according to some wackos that wrote some document some time ago....

Illegal immigration=bad. Yes, but where's the workable solution?
Discriminating based on alleged "race" is asinine, no matter who's doing the discriminating.

Pablo said:
Quote:
1. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, and all government business will be conducted in our language.

2. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote, no matter how long they are here.

3. Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold political office.

4. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, nor any other government assistance programs.

5. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

6. If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, BUT options will be restricted. You are not allowed to own waterfront property. That property is reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

7. Foreigners may not protest; no demonstrations, no waving a foreign flag, no political organizing, no "bad-mouthing" our president or his policies. If you do you will be sent home.

8. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be hunted down and sent straight to jail.

Kinda extreme.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MarkC
Originally Posted By: John_K
Problem is, the liberals in charge want us all to pretend we're all "equal" and race has nothing to do with it.

John

Hmm. All men are created equal? it would seem self-evident, according to some wackos that wrote some document some time ago....

Illegal immigration=bad. Yes, but where's the workable solution?
Discriminating based on alleged "race" is asinine, no matter who's doing the discriminating.

I think what John was pointing out was that besides basic rights as a human being, a lot of left wingers would have you believe that an illegal immigrant, living in this country, is entitled to all legal rights and protection we as legal citizens of this country are privy to. In this case, those immigrants are not equal to those that live here under citizenship, and as much as the "pro-civil rights" crowd tries to paint this as being a race issue, it is one that transcends race and class and has all to do with the nationality and country of origin.

Unfortunately, here in the US, when the the country of origin involved means that in all likelihood your skin is a darker shade of pale, it's very easy for a spin doctor to make this less an issue of illegal activity and one of race. And when said group pulls the dreaded Race Card, we all lose.

I like it...

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Pablo said:
Quote:
1. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, and all government business will be conducted in our language.

2. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote, no matter how long they are here.

4. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, nor any other government assistance programs.

5. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

6. If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, BUT options will be restricted. You are not allowed to own waterfront property. That property is reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

7. Foreigners may not protest; no demonstrations, no waving a foreign flag, no political organizing, no "bad-mouthing" our president or his policies. If you do you will be sent home.

8. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be hunted down and sent straight to jail.

Kinda extreme.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Pablo said:
Quote:

Kinda extreme.

Mexico, baby.

Get the h*ll out and go back to your own home if this is such an horrible, unfair place to live. You are not going to come into this country and take it over, try as you may. Your lawlessness won't fly here, so adapt or hit the road.
Also learn the language and USE it, and also learn to use a restroom properly (TP on my bathroom floors doesn't fly when I'm trying to do 700 tasks per shift anyway).
09.gif
You're NOT in your country any longer. This country for the most part has a decent sewer system design.
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back