Flight Simulators - What's in your hanger?

Anybody else a fan of flight simulators? Which do you use, what do you typically fly? Equipment?

While I started with FSX along ago, I switched over to X-Plane 11 years ago. I primarily fly airliners, with the current aircraft in my virtual hanger:

1.) Flight Factor 757
2.) Flight Factor 767
3.) Zibo 737
4.) Rotate MD-80
5.) IniSimulations A300-600R
6.) SSG 747-8 V2

I tend to fly the A300 most as of late. Really fantastic aircraft, great system depth and flight characteristics. The FF 757/767 have been long-time favorites as well, it's hard to pick which I like better between the two. Love the MD-80 for short hops and the SSG 747 is a fantastic heavy (just wish it had a better sound-pack). The Zibo is phenomenal, but I got bored of flying the 737 all the time, so I have not had a flight with it in a few months now.

I was a beta tester for the new Microsoft Flight Sim, but honestly it needs a bit more time until I actually buy it. I wasn't particularly impressed with it (eye candy aside), so I have stuck with and plan to keep using X-Plane until things continue to improve. I just find flying in X-Plane to be a better experience for now.

Equipment wise, I use the Honeycomb yoke, Saitek X52 (throttle piece only) and Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals.

I primarily fly around North America and will long-haul to/from Europe primarily. My base is KCLE, of course!

I fly FlightGear on my Ubuntu system, with rudder pedals & yoke throttle quadrant from CH Products. Nothing fancy but it works nicely. The graphics are good but not great. But the graphics & terrain are accurate, and the airports, VORs, DMEs, etc. are all there. I use it to practice fly new destinations for upcoming x-country flights to airports I've never visited before. It's accurate enough to give me an idea what to expect in terms of visual landmarks, airport orientation, etc.
It's especially fun to fly the Wright brothers flyer.

Daily I fly Warbirds a interactive air combat sim... my call sign is XLAX... ( knock the poo out of you)

WarBirds2.jpg

Also MicroSoft Flight Sim has one of the visually stunning and highly
accurate P51 flight modeling you can buy... coupled with a
Thrustmaster joy stick and CH Products rudder pedals this 1G flight
training helps you understand whats it takes to counter the props
torque and how to work the differential braking... Just beware,
Microsoft's P51 is a clip wing, souped up, limited fuel loaded Reno
Air Racer... this is not your typical War Bird, you're in command of
one over powered and sassy race bred Mustang... mercy it will show 150
inches manifold pressure and hit 500 mph pulling 4Gs...

full-45634-18957-sim51d.jpg

full-45634-18958-sim51h.jpg

full-45634-18959-sim51k.jpg

full-45634-18960-sim51s.jpg

full-45634-18961-sim51y.jpg

Kerbal Space Program. The Aerodynamic model is only fair, some of the engines are fantasy, but you design, build, then fly aircraft, space planes, rockets. Great fun.

Back