The 20 Most Delayed Planes in America.

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Interesting article, but the discussion may be more on the maintenance and operation processes of the airline, and maybe not on the aircraft.

Not a single 737/747/757/767/777/787 made the list. List is heavy on Airbus narrow body, but I sense this is more an operator issue than a make and model of aircraft issue.

Reactions: hrv
If a 38 minute average delay is the worst they can come up with then we've won the game. The logistics of operating an airline is simply mind boggling. When you factor weather into flight delays it becomes even more amazing how many flights are completed each day with most of them on time and arriving safely at their destination.

Interesting article, but the discussion may be more on the maintenance and operation processes of the airline, and maybe not on the aircraft.

Not a single 737/747/757/767/777/787 made the list. List is heavy on Airbus narrow body, but I sense this is more an operator issue than a make and model of aircraft issue.

The Pratt & Whitney PE1100G is a huge culprit with Spirit airlines. They ordered a majority of their aircraft with that engine. It's a geared turbo fan and hasn't been as reliable as initially suggested.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
The Pratt & Whitney PE1100G is a huge culprit with Spirit airlines. They ordered a majority of their aircraft with that engine. It's a geared turbo fan and hasn't been as reliable as initially suggested.
Been nice if they were listed as A320N etc for NEO …
That option grabbed hundreds of orders based on fuel claims …

If a 38 minute average delay is the worst they can come up with then we've won the game. The logistics of operating an airline is simply mind boggling. When you factor weather into flight delays it becomes even more amazing how many flights are completed each day with most of them on time and arriving safely at their destination.
You don’t fly AirCanada much ?

Been nice if they were listed as A320N etc for NEO …
That option grabbed hundreds of orders based on fuel claims …
The GE Leap (NEO) option is significantly more fuel efficient, however.... When I worked for Frontier Airlines The leap optioned aircraft for some reason could go all day then it seemed like the last flight of the day they'd give up and not start. Something it was random.

The GE Leap (NEO) option is significantly more fuel efficient, however.... When I worked for Frontier Airlines The leap optioned aircraft for some reason could go all day then it seemed like the last flight of the day they'd give up and not start. Something it was random.

Did airline contact GE Aviation and file a complaint ?

You don’t fly AirCanada much ?
I fly Air Canada more than most.

I don’t like sitting in the back so I grab a seat at the front. Better view.

I just checked , 95% of my flights were on time ( seriously ) 🙂

All kidding aside, I have no problems with people criticizing airlines when it’s fair ( their fault ) and AC definitely needs to improve on their on time performance.

I do everything possible to get my flight out at least on time, and arrive early.

Last edited:
Not aware of that problem.

What I have noticed is that these engines always take much longer to start ( 737 & A220 ). A LOT longer. It’s the way they are designed.

I heard the PurePower engines were more efficient, or at least that was Pratt's selling point. But yeah they've had one heck of a time with reliability.

I fly Air Canada more than most.

I don’t like sitting in the back so I grab a seat at the front. Better view.

I just checked , 95% of my flights were on time ( seriously ) 🙂

All kidding aside, I have no problems with people criticizing airlines when it’s fair ( their fault ) and AC definitely needs to improve on their on time performance.

I do everything possible to get my flight out at least on time, and arrive early.
Yes, most know what you do … don’t know your route - but no chance I have arrived on time at that rate …

IMG_2216.jpg

Last edited:
I am aware of how bad AC on time performance is.

It drives me nuts , they need to smarten up.

I don’t carry water for anyone, but I do my best to try and make sure it’s not one of my flights.

I take pride in my work.
It’s a good airline with great people - been on it 25 years - but that part has changed. It will get sorted …
I just try to book longer connections - 4 hours when I can …

• Wow
Reactions: GON
It’s a good airline with great people - been on it 25 years - but that part has changed. It will get sorted …
I just try to book longer connections - 4 hours when I can …
Thanks.

It is a good airline but they need to fix that problem because it’s annoying people.

Reactions: 4WD
Back