Fleetguard Stratapore LF16002

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
This is the Fleetguard LF16002 (Stratapore glass media) from my Expedition.

Vehicle: 2002 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
Engine: 5.4L Modular

Miles on Unit: 174,000Km
Miles on Oil: 12,000Km
Miles on Filter: 12,000Km

Oil capacity: 6L
Make-up Oil: None

Notes:
No black "grit" in the filter like with my M1 5w20 w/Motorcraft filter run. Though there do appear to be some particles IN the filter, the media is so dense, I cannot catch them with my finger running it down the media.

The glass media is very soft and pliable, very similar (go figure) to fibreglass matting.

stratapore01.jpg

stratapore04.jpg

stratapore05.jpg

stratapore06.jpg

stratapore07.jpg

stratapore08.jpg

Yep great filters i use them too, here is my thread when i opend some of my old filters one day when i had time.

Rob you can get them online OR if you have a CASE IH implement dealer by you they have them on hand.

I buy them from the local International dealership. I bought my Donaldson ones from Freightliner. Basically, any place that sells and services transport trucks should be able to get them for you.

Dummy here...
20.gif
What's the theory on Stratopores?

They're better than, say, MotorCraft because_____________?
54.gif

I'm always looking for better stuff for my pets...
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: RWEST
Dummy here...
20.gif

54.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Synthetic glass media, similar to the AMSOIL EaO and Donaldson SYNTEQ filters. Essentially, superior filtering media that is good down to 10 microns.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: RWEST
Dummy here...
20.gif

54.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Synthetic glass media, similar to the AMSOIL EaO and Donaldson SYNTEQ filters. Essentially, superior filtering media that is good down to 10 microns.

Yep in a nut shell,awsome filters....

To find a dealer nearest to your location go to http://www.cumminsfiltration.com and click on the tab (about us)then choose retail locator. All you need to do is add your zip code and it will automatically pull up the five dealers nearest you. I always change the number to 15 to get the maximum choice.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Good job, OVERKILL! But that said, you've got one dirty Expedition
27.gif
grin2.gif

I agree, I do. Hopefully it will continue to get cleaner with subsequent runs. I can't believe how saturated that media is, though at the same time I am thoroughly impressed with how it works! LOL!

Not to mention the oil you are running as well
wink.gif
My 6.0L was slimy black when I bought it, 3 oil changes later the oil is an amber color. Did I mention there is 236,000 k on it? At 5000k on the current oil its still amber and clear. Good oil and filters make a huge difference. I should have taken some pics of the cartridge filter @ 10,000k when I changed it. There is something to be said about Mobil tdt and fleet guard.

Originally Posted By: slammds15
There is something to be said about Mobil tdt and fleet guard.

Yea a well protected/clean running engine.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: slammds15
Not to mention the oil you are running as well
wink.gif
My 6.0L was slimy black when I bought it, 3 oil changes later the oil is an amber color. Did I mention there is 236,000 k on it? At 5000k on the current oil its still amber and clear. Good oil and filters make a huge difference. I should have taken some pics of the cartridge filter @ 10,000k when I changed it. There is something to be said about Mobil tdt and fleet guard.

There sure is bud!

I still recall you telling me about that guy that didn't believe you that you had clean oil in a diesel
wink.gif
Had to pull the dipstick to show him
grin2.gif

IIRC, we do have pics of your filters, but I think they were just the fuel and tranny filters, right?

Originally Posted By: daman
Can i ask where you get yours from and how much?, i pay $8ish US for mine at my local CASE IH dealer.

$15.00CDN, but I've just found out I can now get them much cheaper, so I'm excited
grin2.gif

I get them from the local International dealer and Service Centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back