AMSOIL EaO11 flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know, like I said, my Donaldson-EaO11s made noise on start-up when nothing Ive used before or since did. If the new ones keep the engine quiet I would take that over the can being thicker.

I think Ive decided what Im going to do with my last EaO. Its going on my car. See if it wasnt just the other 2 filters (somehow)..

Ah, good down to earth convo guys.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
^so, the new one is US made and is different in a 'bad' way from the Mexican made?
crazy.gif

I don't know if it's different in a bad way as I've never had an oil filter burst. I'm just saying that the filters are different and that the older Mexican/Donaldson version had a thicker can.

The fact that the Amsoil was made in Mexico was a big part of why I gave the Royal Purple 20-820 a try, now I'm running an American made EaO11 with no complaints.
grin.gif

Here is a video of the old Donaldson (Mexico) EaO making noise with my 4.6L. You can hear it right after the engine lights off and starts coming up to speed.
For reference, I had 5 quarts Pennzoil Ultra 5W20 (SM) and a quart of Shell Rotella T6 5W40. Ambient was approximately 77 degrees Fahrenheit and the engine had been off roughly 23 hours.
Linky.

My 03 F150 w/5.4L V8 at 217K miles is completely silent at start up now with a Royal Purple 20-820 filter and M1 EP 5W20 oil, I would say it's defiantly an improvement over the FL-820S filter that was on the truck when I got it last month.

If the new Champ made EAO filters are the same as the RP filters then I would have no problem running one on my truck.

Originally Posted By: FordGuy13
My 03 F150 w/5.4L V8 at 217K miles is completely silent at start up now with a Royal Purple 20-820 filter and M1 EP 5W20 oil, I would say it's defiantly an improvement over the FL-820S filter that was on the truck when I got it last month.

If the new Champ made EAO filters are the same as the RP filters then I would have no problem running one on my truck.

They appear to be excellent, and I will be running them going forward. Now what to do with my stash of Motorcraft, PureONE and Mobil 1 filters? LOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back